IlliniHQ 2

General Category => The Deuce => Topic started by: Reacher on August 29, 2024, 08:08:04 AM

Title: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Reacher on August 29, 2024, 08:08:04 AM
Behind my back patio is a fairly open grassy area and one of my simple daily pleasures is tossing out a bowl full of “squirrel cocktail” as I like to call it and watching the squirrels and chipmunks gobble it all up. Rank these foods in the order you think the squirrels and chipmunks like them, and I’ll tell you who’s closest.

Raspberries, blueberries, white bread, roasted unsalted peanuts (in shell), roasted almonds (unshelled), red grapes, carrots, strawberries, blackberries.
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Reacher on August 29, 2024, 08:10:52 AM
Earlier after sunrise the faster they gobble it up, typically.
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: ThePAMan on August 29, 2024, 09:03:24 AM
Ok, I'm still a little groggy due to anesthesia following a colonoscopy, but WTF?
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Custard on August 29, 2024, 10:17:34 AM
Grandpa Hector
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Reacher on August 29, 2024, 10:29:02 AM
Come on, let’s see your lists.
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Custard on August 29, 2024, 10:31:02 AM
I’m going to say they eat the fruit first and the nuts last because they’re tired of eating nuts all the time. Like your mom.
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Reacher on August 29, 2024, 10:31:47 AM
Are you still in 7th grade?
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Reacher on August 29, 2024, 10:33:40 AM
The difference between custard and me, is I would never talk shit about his family. Well, one of the differences.
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Custard on August 29, 2024, 10:37:17 AM
Well that, and my horsecock
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Reacher on August 29, 2024, 10:38:53 AM
That’s gotta be an ugly sight.
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: murphstahoe on August 29, 2024, 10:51:43 AM
Behind my back patio is a fairly open grassy area and one of my simple daily pleasures is tossing out a bowl full of “squirrel cocktail” as I like to call it and watching the squirrels and chipmunks gobble it all up. Rank these foods in the order you think the squirrels and chipmunks like them, and I’ll tell you who’s closest.

Raspberries, blueberries, white bread, roasted unsalted peanuts (in shell), roasted almonds (unshelled), red grapes, carrots, strawberries, blackberries.

I throw that stuff into the neighbor's yard, for reasons that should be obvious
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Judge Judy on August 29, 2024, 11:13:04 AM
I throw that stuff into the neighbor's yard, for reasons that should be obvious

I would, but my neighbors are black though and I’m afraid I might get shot…

If they were white I would without hesitation…

Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Jobu on August 29, 2024, 11:27:35 AM
I would, but my neighbors are black though and I’m afraid I might get shot…

If they were white I would without hesitation…

There's no black guys in Mattoon.
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Reacher on August 29, 2024, 11:27:52 AM
I throw that stuff into the neighbor's yard, for reasons that should be obvious

Not an animal lover?
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Judge Judy on August 29, 2024, 11:30:01 AM
There's no black guys in Mattoon.

You check their junk?! Might be female ones…
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Jobu on August 29, 2024, 11:31:01 AM
You check their junk?! Might be female ones…

Possible I guess. I've been to Mattoon a few times. Never saw a black guy. Or gal. *shrugs*
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Reacher on August 29, 2024, 11:32:04 AM
Murph, if you’re an illinonaire (with a b), wouldn’t you have to walk kind of far to throw that stuff in the neighbor’s yard? Surely you have a sprawling estate, no?
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Reacher on August 29, 2024, 11:32:47 AM
You should ask the black guys if you can see what’s in their pants.
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Jobu on August 29, 2024, 11:33:20 AM
You should ask the black guys if you can see what’s in their pants.

I would rather not get depressed.
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Reacher on August 29, 2024, 11:34:38 AM
I would rather not get depressed.

I’ve read that’s a myth. I also think more pigmentation gives the illusion of greater size. Thought I heard that. Could be someone just trying to make themselves feel better.
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Jobu on August 29, 2024, 11:35:51 AM
Don't know.
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: ThePAMan on August 29, 2024, 12:21:49 PM
1. roasted unsalted peanuts (in shell),
2. roasted almonds (unshelled),
3. Bread
4. Raspberries,
5 blueberries,
6. Strawberries
7. Blackberries
8 red grapes,
9. carrots,
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Jobu on August 29, 2024, 12:45:34 PM
Go to a cornfield and grab a few ears. Squirrels love that shit.
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Reacher on August 29, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
1. roasted unsalted peanuts (in shell),
2. roasted almonds (unshelled),
3. Bread
4. Raspberries,
5 blueberries,
6. Strawberries
7. Blackberries
8 red grapes,
9. carrots,

Nailed the first 3. Bottom 6 is not great (but carrots is last). They LOVE grapes. Raspberries would probably be 8th
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Reacher on August 29, 2024, 01:09:22 PM
Bread and grapes would be tied for 3rd IMO.
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Reacher on August 29, 2024, 01:09:49 PM
Go to a cornfield and grab a few ears. Squirrels love that shit.

Or use the old shit I so often throw out. Thanks for the tip.
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Judge Judy on August 29, 2024, 01:10:00 PM
Nailed the first 3. Bottom 6 is not great (but carrots is last). They LOVE grapes. Raspberries would probably be 8th

That’s exactly what I was gonna say!
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Reacher on August 29, 2024, 01:11:23 PM
Strawberries 7, Rasperries 8, carrots 9. They don’t fuck with leafy stuff much
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Jobu on August 29, 2024, 02:13:55 PM
I have walnut trees, and the little cocksuckers will take walnuts and completely destroy them, and leave them in piles everywhere. It's like they just try to make a mess of these things, say fuck you, and walk away.

My dog hates the bastards. If she actually catches one, it's fucked for sure.
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: murphstahoe on August 29, 2024, 04:33:46 PM
Not an animal lover?

I love other people's animals completely!
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: murphstahoe on August 29, 2024, 04:34:25 PM
Murph, if you’re an illinonaire (with a b), wouldn’t you have to walk kind of far to throw that stuff in the neighbor’s yard? Surely you have a sprawling estate, no?

I use a potato gun
Title: Re: How well do you know squirrels?
Post by: Judge Judy on August 30, 2024, 08:10:35 AM
I love other people's animals completely!

This.