Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 05, 2024, 10:25:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 131
  • Latest: Tubetv
Stats
  • Total Posts: 121415
  • Total Topics: 1098
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 184
  • (June 07, 2023, 04:50:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 15
Total: 17

who leaves

• 343 Replies

Judge Judy

• +114/-1281
    • View Profile
Re: who leaves
« Reply #330 on: April 06, 2023, 12:52:06 PM »
Nichi = Dracula/Nosferatu is a match....

Barnabas Collins

alum74

• +1059/-122
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 06, 2023, 01:09:12 PM »
Nichi = Dracula/Nosferatu is a match....

60 is the new 40.

Get with the program!
(Lord, King, Redeemer, Father, husband)

illiniray

• +409/-1698
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 06, 2023, 01:25:06 PM »
Seasoned. Experienced. Calm. The point is, it has too often been Illini vs. Illini. Self defeating.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 01:31:59 PM by illiniray »
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread ... through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Azimov

ThePAMan

• +475/-1941
  • Because "PussyMan" and "PenisMan" were trademarked
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 06, 2023, 01:38:47 PM »
Seasoned. Experienced. Calm. The point is, it has too often been Illini vs. Illini. Self defeating.

Ape don't kill ape....

Made Dominic/Plaza, and now Tempo, my bitch. Went from board troll to real life villain to "soulless ghoul" yet, per Tempo, "brilliant" and "fairly reasonable." Mark Carman: "The Whitlock!...Caleb Williams failed Wayne Whitlock."

illiniray

• +409/-1698
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 06, 2023, 02:57:14 PM »
There are exceptions to every rule and I always reserve the right to contradict myself or change my mind without prior notice. As a general policy, I make an effort to avoid making nasty personal comments about others here. If their posting style or sense of humor rubs me the wrong way; I try to keep that to myself.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread ... through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Azimov

Jobu

• +67/-589
  • Can you take it in the ass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 06, 2023, 02:59:05 PM »
There are exceptions to every rule and I always reserve the right to contradict myself or change my mind without prior notice. As a general policy, I make an effort to avoid making nasty personal comments about others here. If their posting style or sense of humor rubs me the wrong way; I try to keep that to myself.

What prompted that comment?
"Fucking coward. Don't fucking snipe me you fucking...KIKE BITCH!" - Meyers Leonard

Caleb Williams failed Wayne Whitlock

Lkdog

• +412/-230
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 06, 2023, 03:10:01 PM »
What prompted that comment?

IVMP had a huge bizarre hard on for him for some reason. IVMP appears to have mental health issues. IlliniRay handled it all very well.

Jobu

• +67/-589
  • Can you take it in the ass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 06, 2023, 03:11:27 PM »
IVMP had a huge bizarre hard on for him for some reason. IVMP appears to have mental health issues. IlliniRay handled it all very well.

I understand that.  I was just wondering why that comment was made now.  I probably missed something.
"Fucking coward. Don't fucking snipe me you fucking...KIKE BITCH!" - Meyers Leonard

Caleb Williams failed Wayne Whitlock

illiniray

• +409/-1698
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 06, 2023, 05:45:02 PM »
The problem is the players really aren’t getting paid from the revenue that they directly bring in (TV Deals, Attendance Revenue).  The schools are keeping all that money.  So it’s a great thing for schools.  They can keep all the profits, and have a 3rd party pay the workforce.  And the 3rd party gets nothing for their investment.  Quite a ruse.  Will last 2 years max before people get fed up and say fuck it.  Not paying these guys anything.  Give them money from the money they make broadcasting their NIL.  Not my own Joe blow fan money.

I agree with this. These are good points. That does not mean you are right about Rodgers and Dainja.

NIL money and the one time penalty free transfer are both farces.

NCAA big sport athletes get valuable college scholarships in exchange for their services. They get breaks from admissions. Under the old rules, they had to redshirt if they transferred. They still got their scholarship, were allowed to practice, etc., and got a 5th year.

Lkdog

• +412/-230
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 07, 2023, 02:06:50 PM »
I understand that.  I was just wondering why that comment was made now.  I probably missed something.

Yeah, me too. Hard to keep up with all of the subplots here. LOL.

illiniray

• +409/-1698
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 09, 2023, 06:20:30 PM »
Paxton Warden is in the portal. Like Conner Serven, he is a preferred walk on, so this does not affect scholarships.

illiniray

• +409/-1698
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 14, 2023, 07:40:27 PM »

ILLINICHIEF

• +24/-372
  • Good Enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 02, 2023, 04:57:09 PM »
Based on a quick search of recent projections for 2023 draft and 2024 drafts, I think it would be prudent for both Hawk and TSJ to return for another year.

CBS showing 40-44 for both TSJ Higher
ESPN shoing 39-46 for both TSj Higher
Hoop Social 44-60 with Hawk being higher
Bleacher Report 45 for TSJ, Hawk not ranked top 50.
NBA Draft Room 70 for TSJ, nothing for Hawk
Sporting News 43-53 with TSJ higher
Sports Illustrated 31-34 with Hawk being higher.

I really think with these projections this year and draft class and next year being marginally worse as far as talent, they could work themselves both into the first round as far as picks and $$$
You played this game for fun as a kid, for yourself, no other reason was needed then or now, so, don't kid yourself.

spark mandrill

• +308/-39
    • View Profile