IlliniHQ 2
General Category => Halas Hall Football Forum => Topic started by: ThePAMan on September 24, 2021, 06:59:01 AM
-
Just wanted to make sure everyone knew the time and day the game is. JudgeJudy, the game is at Purdue.
At last Gameday will finally be in Illinois! Unfortunately it will be in Chicago for the WI-ND game.
-
And Lisa Byington gets the call on BTN.
-
🤮
-
🤮
+🤮
-
I had Covid when these titans clashed last year. I had some brain fog and was like is this even actual college football or am I having some sort of weird nightmare? It was so fucking awful.
-
Is it too late for Illinois to invoke a Covid-19 forfeit?
-
Is it too late for Illinois to invoke a Covid-19 forfeit?
Now, now.
If Bell is out, they lose a lot on offense. The defense has, apparently, been playing well.
Tony Petersen needs to step up his game.
-
We should push to have the pangolins be our mascot in honor of all the Chinese students.
-
We should push to have the pangolins be our mascot in honor of all the Chinese students.
+🥡
-
Just love hearing that Notre Dame and Wisconsin are fighting for who can claim Chicago.
-
Just love hearing that Notre Dame and Wisconsin are fighting for who can claim Chicago.
yeah what an embarrassment
-
Just love hearing that Notre Dame and Wisconsin are fighting for who can claim Chicago.
We all know Northwestern Illinois Simeon is Chicago's team. ;)
-
I had Covid when these titans clashed last year. I had some brain fog and was like is this even actual college football or am I having some sort of weird nightmare? It was so fucking awful.
So there was some good from having Covid, as it dulled your senses as you were being subjected to a digital form of waterboarding?
-
A 6 minute drive.
Our specialty. Lol.
-
Everybody enjoy the 1st half ?
We had 58 yds on offense.
McCray had 56 of them tho.
Peters passed for 17, but those 20 yards in sacks didn't help his statistics.
-
Everybody enjoy the 1st half ?
We had 58 yds on offense.
McCray had 56 of them tho.
Peters passed for 17, but those 20 yards in sacks didn't help his statistics.
A battle between 2 offense-challenged teams? What could be more entertaining, lol.
-
Fucking barn burner.
-
This is painful. Not Penn State or Iowa drilling us by 50-some painful but painful.
Although as I was typing this we picked the backup off in the endzone. So there's that.
-
These are the games you have to learn to stay in.
-
The children at the hospital in Iowa City are happier now that their Hawkeyes have taken a 21-14 lead over CSU.
-
Brandon Peters is fucking awful.
-
For being recruited as a lb, McCray's got rb instincts.
-
For being recruited as a lb, McCray's got rb instincts.
He’s a fucking stud.
-
Welp, let's see if there's any fight in this team.
-
He’s a fucking stud.
He just whiffed on pass protection but to his credit he kept playing and got in the way of the DL pursuit, allowing Peters to avoid a sack. That kid runs hard. Gotta like his future, especially once he figures out pass protection.
-
This is where the urine hits the leg.
-
how does purdue get close to a sellout?
-
Jesus Christ we suck.
-
Peters made some passes that drive, but you can't rely on him to win a game with his arm.
8 out of the last 10 plays were pass plays.
I'm not impressed with the OC.
-
Peters is the worst
-
What a terrible fucking performance. How in the fuck is that even college football caliber football?! Not even D2 or D3 level of play. Fuck this stupid fucking shit!
-
Peters is the worst
How the fuck can you play him anymore?! His last 3 or 4 throws were all uncatchable and out of bounds. He’s a pussy. For being a 6th year senior, he’s terrible. Him getting a B1G scholly is a sham.
-
Sounds like I missed another excellent game
-
Sounds like I missed another excellent game
So did the offensive coordinator.
-
So did the offensive coordinator.
And Brandon Peters.
-
Seriously, he shouldn’t start another game the rest of his college career.
-
Brandon Peters is Wes Lunt 2.0
Bielema is a fucking coward
-
Brandon Peters is Wes Lunt 2.0
Bielema is a fucking coward
Wes Lunt wasn’t this bad.
-
I watched this with my Purdue fan neighbors. Two weeks in a row electing to punt the ball away with 4th and short in opponents territory late in the game with the lead when you’ve got a 240 lb running back it takes 7 guys to tackle. Fucking stupid and gutless.
That last series was fucking trash. They had a minute or more with a timeout from the 25 or whatever and elected to have Peters throw the ball. There was plenty of time to run McCray a time or two and have a 3rd or 4th and short situation.
This team is so close to being 4-1 but is 1-4 because of some horrific decisions during closing time of three very winnable games. If I were Whitman I’d have left Peterson in West Lafayette.
-
I watched this with my Purdue fan neighbors. Two weeks in a row electing to punt the ball away with 4th and short in opponents territory late in the game with the lead when you’ve got a 240 lb running back it takes 7 guys to tackle. Fucking stupid and gutless.
That last series was fucking trash. They had a minute or more with a timeout from the 25 or whatever and elected to have Peters throw the ball. There was plenty of time to run McCray a time or two and have a 3rd or 4th and short situation.
This team is so close to being 4-1 but is 1-4 because of some horrific decisions during closing time of three very winnable games. If I were Whitman I’d have left Peterson in West Lafayette.
The head coach appears to have an issue with in game decision making.
-
I don't have much of a problem not going for it on 4th down vs Md or PU.
A fg would have put us up 6. A miss gives PU the ball at their 35 with 9 1/2 to go. It looked like a long 3 yards that we needed for the 1st down.
If we only had a play in our play book to hit Barker for 5 yards, and a qb who could do it. Like the play other teams have. We don't appear to have either one.
I think I saw Peters was 2-7 on 1st down pass plays. I don't understand the desire to be facing 2nd and 10, so we can give the ball to the rb for 2 yards on 2nd down.
And I have to assume Peters is the best qb on the roster.
-
I don't have much of a problem not going for it on 4th down vs Md or PU.
A fg would have put us up 6. A miss gives PU the ball at their 35 with 9 1/2 to go. It looked like a long 3 yards that we needed for the 1st down.
If we only had a play in our play book to hit Barker for 5 yards, and a qb who could do it. Like the play other teams have. We don't appear to have either one.
I think I saw Peters was 2-7 on 1st down pass plays. I don't understand the desire to be facing 2nd and 10, so we can give the ball to the rb for 2 yards on 2nd down.
And I have to assume Peters is the best qb on the roster.
Win expectancy percentages said the decision yesterday reduced the odds of winning by 5%.
-
Win expectancy percentages said the decision yesterday reduced the odds of winning by 5%.
Does win expectancy percentage take into account a qb with a 48% completion rate, with 46% in his last 2 games ?
Barker has zero receptions in 3 conference games. Ford has 1 in his last 2 games.
I watched the game.
-
Does win expectancy percentage take into account a qb with a 48% completion rate, with 46% in his last 2 games ?
Barker has zero receptions in 3 conference games. Ford has 1 in his last 2 games.
I watched the game.
We fucking suck, but what’s the hurt just trying to run Josh McCray up the middle there?! He hadn’t had a less than two yard run the whole fucking game. You play to win, not the bullshit we saw the past two weeks.
-
We fucking suck, but what’s the hurt just trying to run Josh McCray up the middle there?! He hadn’t had a less than two yard run the whole fucking game. You play to win, not the bullshit we saw the past two weeks.
You mean why didn't McCray get the ball on 3rd down, or maybe fake the hand off to McCray and let Peters run for it on 4th ? I think that was a long 3 yards.
I think 9 1/2 min left was a big part of the decision.
-
Does win expectancy percentage take into account a qb with a 48% completion rate, with 46% in his last 2 games ?
Barker has zero receptions in 3 conference games. Ford has 1 in his last 2 games.
I watched the game.
Yes
-
Yes
How about the Lollinois factor ?
-
Just wanted to make sure everyone knew the time and day the game is. JudgeJudy, the game is at Purdue.
At last Gameday will finally be in Illinois! Unfortunately it will be in Chicago for the WI-ND game.
Damn, didn’t see this till now. What did I miss?
-
people mocking the game but i found it as smash mouth football
-
Please make sure I get a reminder this week (can’t promise I’ll visit the football forum before the game, but just in case I do).