Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 17, 2024, 06:24:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 131
  • Latest: Tubetv
Stats
  • Total Posts: 121837
  • Total Topics: 1099
  • Online Today: 40
  • Online Ever: 184
  • (June 07, 2023, 04:50:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 34
Total: 35

WTF is the deal with the caronavirus?

• 6067 Replies

No one

• +153/-2038
    • View Profile
Re: WTF is the deal with the caronavirus?
« Reply #6045 on: April 24, 2024, 07:36:36 AM »
What's the context? What's the rest of the story? Judicial Watch thinks this is some kind of smoking gun. Newsmax and the NY Post think it's newsworthy.

Where is Forbes? National Review?
The context ?

What if grant work, not properly reported or monitored, that involves gain of function research and the ability to mask human manipulation and being done with virologists of our primary adversary in their labs was not the wisest move ?

« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 08:43:16 AM by No one »

murphstahoe

• +1271/-124
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: April 24, 2024, 10:32:51 AM »
Pretty amusing reading the first few pages of this thread

Tempo34

• +750/-583
  • You should see my passer rating
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: April 24, 2024, 11:00:45 AM »
I don’t know what the appropriate amount to freak out over this is, but I think it’s way more than Trump wants us to freak out, and probably less than some other people do. This isn’t Ebola, but it seems to be passed pretty easily. We have had just over 100 cases in the US, and 6 people have died. That may not seem like a lot, but if 10 million people get it, that’s over a half a million deaths. Most of us will know someone who died from the corona virus if it gets to that point.

MiniDitka posted on the 1st page. Hope he wasn’t overly prophetic and fell victim to the hoax that was Covid19.
Apparently PAMan’s bitch.

illiniray

• +410/-1700
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: April 24, 2024, 12:22:53 PM »
The context ?

What if grant work, not properly reported or monitored, that involves gain of function research and the ability to mask human manipulation and being done with virologists of our primary adversary in their labs was not the wisest move ?

What if there is more to the story than what Judicial Watch released?

Any response from actual qualified scientists?
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread ... through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Azimov

No one

• +153/-2038
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: April 24, 2024, 03:38:08 PM »
What if there is more to the story than what Judicial Watch released?

Any response from actual qualified scientists?
Are you referring to the impact of covid on the world ?

Are you referring to Ralph Baric ? I assume he was the 1st to mention his "no see em" technology.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 03:40:39 PM by No one »

illiniray

• +410/-1700
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: April 24, 2024, 10:11:10 PM »
Are you referring to the impact of covid on the world ?

Are you referring to Ralph Baric ? I assume he was the 1st to mention his "no see em" technology.

No. A response by qualified scientists to what Judicial Watch said some FBI agents said and  the the NY Post reported. This alleged smoking gun.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread ... through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Azimov

No one

• +153/-2038
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: April 25, 2024, 07:04:26 AM »
No. A response by qualified scientists to what Judicial Watch said some FBI agents said and  the the NY Post reported. This alleged smoking gun.
Short of writing an opinion piece for Nature maybe it's best the qualified scientists not say a thing about masking human manipulation of viruses.

No one

• +153/-2038
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: April 25, 2024, 08:09:22 AM »
The scientists had already spoken.
From Nov 2015 ...

"According to Baric, the risk of "gain-of-function" research is worth it. The findings could provide a way to create vaccines and immunotherapy treatments before the next epidemic strikes."
https://www.vice.com/en/article/wnxqnm/ethical-questions-arise-after-scientists-brew-super-powerful-sars-20-virus

But if it's after the next epidemic strikes, the pangolin may be to blame.

alum74

• +1060/-122
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: April 25, 2024, 11:45:08 AM »
The scientists had already spoken.
From Nov 2015 ...

"According to Baric, the risk of "gain-of-function" research is worth it. The findings could provide a way to create vaccines and immunotherapy treatments before the next epidemic strikes."
https://www.vice.com/en/article/wnxqnm/ethical-questions-arise-after-scientists-brew-super-powerful-sars-20-virus

But if it's after the next epidemic strikes, the pangolin may be to blame.

There’s been an ongoing debate about the efficacy of gain of function studies since 2011.  It was a hot topic before COVID-19.   Some scientists think the benefits outweigh the risks.  Others are not so certain.   I have no problem if policymakers want to scale back or curtail federal funding for GOF studies. 

However, we don’t know if the GOF experiments in Wuhan were manipulating coronaviruses known to affect people.  We don’t know if the manipulated pathogens were responsible for the pandemic, something that even Rand Paul has recognized.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/20/if-anybody-is-lying-here-senator-it-is-you-fauci-tells-sen-paul-in-heated-exchange-at-senate-hearing.html

The lab leak theory is a collection of theories.  Yes, COVID-19 may be the result of a GOF experiment.  But’s it’s also plausible, perhaps more so, that a natural virus escaped from the WIV research lab due to a safety or engineering failure.   

« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 11:48:19 AM by alum74 »

ThePAMan

• +478/-1944
  • Because "PussyMan" and "PenisMan" were trademarked
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: April 25, 2024, 11:50:16 AM »
There’s been an ongoing debate about the efficacy of gain of function studies since 2011.  It was a hot topic before COVID-19.   Some scientists think the benefits outweigh the risks.  Others are not so certain.   I have no problem if policymakers want to scale back or curtail federal funding for GOF studies. 

However, we don’t know if the GOF experiments in Wuhan were manipulating coronaviruses known to affect people.  We don’t know if the manipulated pathogens were responsible for the pandemic, something that even Rand Paul has recognized.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/20/if-anybody-is-lying-here-senator-it-is-you-fauci-tells-sen-paul-in-heated-exchange-at-senate-hearing.html

The lab leak theory is a collection of theories.  Yes, COVID-19 may be the result of a GOF experiment.  But’s it’s also plausible, perhaps more so, that a natural virus escaped from the WIV research lab due to a safety or engineering failure.

If only the Commie bastards, and Fauci, would cooperate!
Made Dominic/Plaza, and now Tempo, my bitch. Went from board troll to real life villain to "soulless ghoul" yet, per Tempo, "brilliant" and "fairly reasonable." Mark Carman: "The Whitlock!...Caleb Williams failed Wayne Whitlock."

Custard

• +217/-2139
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: April 25, 2024, 11:52:46 AM »
Obviously none of these people have ever watched The Stand.
HQ AOTC Bracketologist 2021 and 2022

Poster Boy for White Male Indifference

ThePAMan

• +478/-1944
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: April 25, 2024, 12:05:42 PM »
Obviously none of these people have ever watched The Stand.

If Stephen King wrote it, it must be true!
Made Dominic/Plaza, and now Tempo, my bitch. Went from board troll to real life villain to "soulless ghoul" yet, per Tempo, "brilliant" and "fairly reasonable." Mark Carman: "The Whitlock!...Caleb Williams failed Wayne Whitlock."

ThePAMan

• +478/-1944
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: April 30, 2024, 08:05:41 PM »
Maybe Fauci can help him?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientist-gave-world-covid-sequence-120625956.html

The Chinese scientist who defied Beijing to publish the first coronavirus sequence has staged a sit-in-protest outside his laboratory after authorities suddenly evicted him.

No one

• +153/-2038
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: May 02, 2024, 09:00:21 AM »
Thanks for mentioning this 4 months ago when you could have spoken up 4 years ago.

In an email turned over to the Select Subcommittee as part of its investigation, Baric told Peter Daszak, president of the scientific nonprofit EcoHealth Alliance, that it was “a load of BS” to suggest that the WIV conducted coronavirus research in labs with sufficient biosafety protocols.

Because the WIV continued to perform coronavirus research at what he considers an inappropriately low biosafety level, Baric said of a laboratory accident, “You can’t rule that out…. You just can’t.”

“Clearly, the market was a conduit for expansion,” he testified. “Is that where it started? I don’t think so.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/story/ralph-baric-wuhan-lab-leak

And yesterday, Peter Daszak did not appear to have any knowledge of viral sequencing that may have been done at the WIV post 2015 or 2018.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 09:23:58 AM by No one »

ThePAMan

• +478/-1944
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: May 03, 2024, 06:25:28 AM »
My Failing NYTimes morning email notes that the paper has an article today on people suffering adverse reactions to the COVID vaccine shot. Of course the author included trigger warnings and felt the need to bend over backwards discussing the positive attributes of The COVID vaccine. All I thought was about how the Failing NYTimes is just complete shit. Just report the fucking news, assholes.