IlliniHQ 2

General Category => The Deuce => Topic started by: Reacher on December 18, 2022, 09:48:39 AM

Title: It’s settled: Jack had to die
Post by: Reacher on December 18, 2022, 09:48:39 AM
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/anthonyrobledo/james-cameron-jack-titanic-raft-study
Title: Re: It’s settled: Jack had to die
Post by: ThePAMan on December 18, 2022, 04:59:09 PM
Are you off your rocker? Yeah, I guess it is  rhetorical question.
Title: Re: It’s settled: Jack had to die
Post by: Chickengeorge on December 18, 2022, 05:22:41 PM
Just watched Titanic for the first time as an adult and man do I have some new takeaways from all that.

First off, great movie. FANTASTIC actually.

But then there’s this Rose lady.

Just awful.

First off Bill Paxton has been spending YEARS of his life trying to find this diamond. Dudes got an entire operation and business dedicated to it.

He invites Rose to stay on his ship, puts her AND her daughter up, and thoroughly explains what he has been doing and how important finding the diamond is to him.

Not only does Rose have the diamond in her possession and not say SHIT, she also decides to bore the entire crew with this long ass two day story about how she scored with this random dude one weekend 80 years ago behind her fiancé’s back.

Oh then after they listen to the whole fuckin story, she throws the diamond in the water then goes ahead and dies on this poor fuck’s boat.

Nice gal.

Oh THEN, when she goes to heaven she is reunited with that random dude she shacked up with in a Model T one weekend 80 years ago and not her actual HUSBAND?!

Ya know, the guy that was there for her for her entire adult life, raised children with her, and had grandkids with all while she hid this wild and freaky time she hooked up with this guy on a highly publicized cruise ship that killed 1500 people then left that same guy she cheated on her fiancé with to freeze to death while she sang a stupid song on a fuckin floating door big enough for two?

Yeah that guy.

Rose DeWitt Bukater.

Biggest villain in any movie of all time.
Title: Re: It’s settled: Jack had to die
Post by: Custard on December 18, 2022, 09:20:58 PM
I’ve never seen it and never will.
Title: Re: It’s settled: Jack had to die
Post by: illiniray on December 18, 2022, 09:29:01 PM
I heard it's boring, but to each her own.
Title: Re: It’s settled: Jack had to die
Post by: Custard on December 18, 2022, 09:36:20 PM
I was obsessed with the Titanic as a kid. They found it when I was little and one of my earliest memories was devouring everything I could find about it including the National Geographic coverage. Then that bullshit movie came out when I was in high school and I personally boycotted it because it was a just a giant money grab off a major tragedy that had always been kind of sacred to me. So I’ve gone this long without seeing it, don’t see any reason to change my mind now.
Title: Re: It’s settled: Jack had to die
Post by: ThePAMan on December 18, 2022, 09:39:04 PM
I knew the ship was going to sink, so I didn't bother with the movie.

Sorry for the lack of spoiler alert, but the thing sank over 110 years ago.
Title: Re: It’s settled: Jack had to die
Post by: illiniray on December 18, 2022, 10:21:59 PM
I knew the ship was going to sink, so I didn't bother with the movie.

Sorry for the lack of spoiler alert, but the thing sank over 110 years ago.

Did you learn that on twitter?
Title: Re: It’s settled: Jack had to die
Post by: ThePAMan on December 18, 2022, 10:25:57 PM
Did you learn that on twitter?

Yes, in 1975.
Title: Re: It’s settled: Jack had to die
Post by: ThePAMan on April 22, 2023, 12:37:30 PM
Sam from Quincy and Arnold from Happy Days about to bite it on an aircraft carrier at the hands of Henry Fonda, Glen Ford, Chuck Heston, et al. in Midway. Currently on Sundance.
Title: Re: It’s settled: Jack had to die
Post by: ThePAMan on April 22, 2023, 12:45:22 PM
Erik Estrada about to fuck up some Japanese carriers.
Title: Re: It’s settled: Jack had to die
Post by: ThePAMan on April 22, 2023, 01:22:17 PM
Chuck Heston has 9 minutes to find the 4th and final Japanese carrier. Henry Fonda wants that carrier to Hal Holbrooke's consternation.
Title: Re: It’s settled: Jack had to die
Post by: ThePAMan on April 22, 2023, 01:29:16 PM
He did it, but he could not stick the landing on his way back unfortunately.
Title: Re: It’s settled: Jack had to die
Post by: ridingthegrange on April 22, 2023, 01:42:35 PM
He did it, but he could not stick the landing on his way back unfortunately.

No yips back then.  great movie!
Title: Re: It’s settled: Jack had to die
Post by: ridingthegrange on April 22, 2023, 01:47:50 PM
Chuck Heston has 9 minutes to find the 4th and final Japanese carrier. Henry Fonda wants that carrier to Hal Holbrooke's consternation.

Seeing Hal live doing Mark Twain was fabulous.
Title: Re: It’s settled: Jack had to die
Post by: ThePAMan on April 22, 2023, 02:05:16 PM
Seeing Hal live doing Mark Twain was fabulous.

Who could forget him as Lincoln? And as Deep Throat?