IlliniHQ 2

General Category => The Deuce => Topic started by: Jobu on April 30, 2022, 05:11:49 PM

Title: I took a nap today
Post by: Jobu on April 30, 2022, 05:11:49 PM
For the first time in a long time, I took a nap. It was fucking awesome. Does anyone do this?

I mowed the yard and did some other stuff, then had nothing to do, so I was like ya know what? Fuck it. I’m gonna take a nap.

2 hours. Fuck yeah. I need to do this more often.
Title: Re: I took a nap today
Post by: ILLove1997 on April 30, 2022, 05:17:28 PM
Yeah like once or twice a month I'll be so tired that I just need one in the afternoon.  Problem when doing that is falling asleep later that night at normal time.
Title: Re: I took a nap today
Post by: Jobu on April 30, 2022, 05:46:08 PM
Yeah like once or twice a month I'll be so tired that I just need one in the afternoon.  Problem when doing that is falling asleep later that night at normal time.

Yeah. This wasn’t just one of those where you fall asleep in a chair. I actually crawled into bed and slept. It was so fucking awesome. I must have needed it, because I feel like I’ll still go to bed at normal time and be ready.

Life has its pleasures.
Title: Re: I took a nap today
Post by: No one in Mn on April 30, 2022, 06:32:00 PM
Almost every day. 10-25 minutes is great.
An hour for me is way too much.
I never napped when I was working.
Glad you enjoyed it.
Title: Re: I took a nap today
Post by: Jobu on April 30, 2022, 06:50:03 PM
Almost every day. 10-25 minutes is great.
An hour for me is way too much.
I never napped when I was working.
Glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah, I’ve heard about 30 minutes or so is the sweet spot for naps. I know people that take an hour for lunch, eat for 15-20 minutes then nap the rest of the time.

I don’t think I could do that. This nap today, tho, was legendary.
Title: Re: I took a nap today
Post by: Custard on April 30, 2022, 09:40:29 PM
I took about an hour and a half nap this afternoon. But I had been up til 4:30 am and had youth soccer this am.
Title: Re: I took a nap today
Post by: ridingthegrange on May 01, 2022, 07:16:33 AM
Yeah, I’ve heard about 30 minutes or so is the sweet spot for naps. I know people that take an hour for lunch, eat for 15-20 minutes then nap the rest of the time.

I don’t think I could do that. This nap today, tho, was legendary.

Part of semi-retirement regimen post lunch.   It makes the afternoon more productive. 30 minutes max is plenty.
Title: Re: I took a nap today
Post by: Chickengeorge on May 01, 2022, 01:29:12 PM
Yeah, I’ve heard about 30 minutes or so is the sweet spot for naps. I know people that take an hour for lunch, eat for 15-20 minutes then nap the rest of the time.

I don’t think I could do that. This nap today, tho, was legendary.

Eat while working, then use 45 minutes of lunch break for nap time. 
Title: Re: I took a nap today
Post by: ThePAMan on May 01, 2022, 03:17:19 PM
Just took a 2 hour nap catching up on sleep lost this weekend. now a little groggy.
Title: Re: I took a nap today
Post by: Reacher on May 01, 2022, 03:20:59 PM
20 minutes in the day is supposed to equal an hour at night.
Title: Re: I took a nap today
Post by: Custard on May 01, 2022, 05:14:04 PM
Does that apply to sex as well?
Title: Re: I took a nap today
Post by: No one in Mn on May 01, 2022, 05:20:37 PM
No. 3-5 minutes is 3-5 minutes, day or night. Same with 20 minutes, and same with an hour.
Title: Re: I took a nap today
Post by: ThePAMan on May 14, 2022, 02:23:29 PM
Didn't sleep well last night.  Did some yard work, showered, sat down and put on the Cardinal Giant game, as it was the only game on the MLB application, at the top of 1 and fell asleep in the chair. Woke up it was the end of the 3rd inning.  Had some REM sleep going..Now contemplating whether I "pregame" before prom pictures at 4whatever pm.
Title: Re: I took a nap today
Post by: No one in Mn on May 14, 2022, 04:30:38 PM
Now contemplating whether I "pregame" before prom pictures at 4whatever pm.
Have a swell time.
You and Truth double dating ?
Title: Re: I took a nap today
Post by: Jobu on May 15, 2022, 04:07:34 PM
Didn't sleep well last night.  Did some yard work, showered, sat down and put on the Cardinal Giant game, as it was the only game on the MLB application, at the top of 1 and fell asleep in the chair. Woke up it was the end of the 3rd inning.  Had some REM sleep going..Now contemplating whether I "pregame" before prom pictures at 4whatever pm.

Oh man, you’re going to prom? Hope she’s at least 18.

She must be hot if you’re willing to go through with a prom. Damn!
Title: Re: I took a nap today
Post by: ThePAMan on May 15, 2022, 05:53:46 PM
Oh man, you’re going to prom? Hope she’s at least 18.

She must be hot if you’re willing to go through with a prom. Damn!

I'm a lucky man.