IlliniHQ 2
General Category => Halas Hall Football Forum => Topic started by: ThePAMan on November 03, 2021, 11:42:22 AM
-
11am. No clue what channel.
James Carville took the Illini and the +14.5 today on the Tony Kornheiser podcast.
No clue whether Carville took the under on Mn going to the game in person.
-
11am. No clue what channel.
James Carville took the Illini and the +14.5 today on the Tony Kornheiser podcast.
No clue whether Carville took the under on Mn going to the game in person.
I've been looking at tickets, but the last couple of games I've been to make me hesitant. Rap at 150 decibels isn't my idea of the ideal college football experience.
ESPN2 has the television broadcast from Minneapolis with Roy Philpott (play-by-play), Kelly Stouffer (analyst) and Lauren Sisler (reporter) on the call.
-
I've been looking at tickets, but the last couple of games I've been to make me hesitant. Rap at 150 decibels isn't my idea of the ideal college football experience.
ESPN2 has the television broadcast from Minneapolis with Roy Philpott (play-by-play), Kelly Stouffer (analyst) and Lauren Sisler (reporter) on the call.
You like your rap at 200 decibels?
-
You like your rap at 200 decibels?
150. 200. Same thing.
I cant remember where the loudest speakers are located in the gofer hole tho. Midfield isnt far enuf away, I know that much.
-
You should attend games in Champaign, where there is no noise.
-
Benson transferring out
-
You should attend games in Champaign, where there is no noise.
I was at the game Saturday. Good times
-
Benson transferring out
Cedric?
-
Benson transferring out
Beason?
-
(https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpXoDdD-7sUA-1SbLoO2bpOeBYkgBm_X1kTA&usqp=CAU)
-
You should go but stuff cotton in your ears like Larry David.
"Go fuck yourself, Illini"
"Yeah, Fighting Illini, let's go!"
-
Mn, you tailgating yet?
-
Mn, you tailgating yet?
Nah. My ears told me to be a little leery about being with 45,000 strangers who may or may not be immune.
-
Nah. My ears told me to be a little leery about being with 45,000 strangers who may or may not be immune.
Wooooboy!
-
Gofs have a good run defense, Petersen may try to take advantage of their pass defense. 🤣🤣
-
Gofs have a good run defense, Petersen may try to take advantage of their pass defense. 🤣🤣
I giggled. And then cried.
Seriously, run the fucking ball!
-
A menagerie of rbs. 🤡
They have 2. A freshman and a red shirt freshman. A linebacker took snaps this week.
-
Fuck yeah! Great start!
-
Pick and barge.
-
I wanna win this game probably the most out of any of them. I fucking can’t stand PJ Fleck. What a douchebag. If you look that word up in the dictionary, there’s probably a picture of him.
Edit- he’s probably more arrogant than Tempo. AND THAT’S hard to do!😂
-
What ?
-
It would only make sense to beat Penn ST and Minnesota on road but lose to Rutgers at home
-
Damn, Chase Brown is a stud.
-
Petersen calling a GREAT game so far
-
Good quarter. Leave Peters at qb. He's playing well.
-
9 first downs. 125 yards.
-
Probably our best overall quarter of the season.
-
9 first downs. 125 yards.
And completely ate up the clock.
-
This really is beautiful. I almost don’t recognize it’s actually the Illini doing this lol
-
Probably our best overall quarter of the season.
A 5 yd penalty. Other than that, a very good start.
-
I don't understand how we can vacillate so quickly from looking like a real football team to looking like a pee-wee clown car.
-
I don't understand how we can vacillate so quickly from looking like a real football team to looking like a pee-wee clown car.
It is mind-boggling and very frustrating for sure.
-
Great stop on 4th down!! Straight up man to man stopped their ass!
-
New head coach. New defense. New OC.
Some teams treat road trips as business trips, and get distracted at home.
-
Playing very well on ESPN2 at a top 20 team.
-
Gotta like the whack-a-mole!
-
Gofs are supposed to have a run game behind a good OL. Looks like pass blocking may be an issue today.
-
I don't understand how we can vacillate so quickly from looking like a real football team to looking like a pee-wee clown car.
Always good to see you here, Spark.
-
I have not heard any rap music, loud or not....
-
That was a big possession. Gofs got the ball at mid-field.
Go into the locker room 14-0 or better.
Edit: knock on wood
-
That was a big possession. Gofs got the ball at mid-field.
Go into the locker room 14-0 or better.
Edit: knock on wood
Ha. Seems like someone made adjustments defensively.
-
Stats are fairly even, except the one that counts
.(https://i.ibb.co/Cb2thPm/Screenshot-20211106-122608.jpg) (https://ibb.co/QPdcrDp)
-
Possession time is a troubling trend. Was big to Illinois at one point.
-
We got stuck deep in our own end and couldn't get out. 3 and outs will do that to time of possession. Fortunate to go in 14-0.
-
It scares me when Peters holds on to the ball. Nothing good ever happens.
-
What are we ? 0-3 on the trick pass play ?
And none close ?
-
That was stupid. Hopefully it does not wind up turning the game.
-
Picking up big chunks on 1st down.
-
I don't understand how we can vacillate so quickly from looking like a real football team to looking like a pee-wee clown car.
If you'd told me we'd beat Penn State on the road and have Minny on the road at 0 deep in the third, I would've guessed Illinois was a 9-3 football team. Just a weird season for everyone.
-
Why you calling TO when the play clock was running out???
-
Way to have some sand, Illini!
-
Carney makes the play and rows the boat
-
Way to be Orange & Blue, Illini!
-
4-8 on 3rd down. Gofs are 2-9 and 0-2 on 4th down.
-
Cowardice!
-
Nice. Basically a 20 yard net punt there. Bielema is a fucking coward .
-
Nice. Basically a 20 yard net punt there. Bielema is a fucking coward .
Shut up.
5 sacks, boo birds are out, we're up 14-0 with the ball. 🤣
-
Shut up.
5 sacks, boo birds are out, we're up 14-0 with the ball. 🤣
Put the game away so the fans leave.
-
Put the game away so the fans leave.
Don't give the gofs the ball at their own 40. Hayes has been good about putting the ball inside the 10.
-
Don't give the gofs the ball at their own 40. Hayes has been good about putting the ball inside the 10.
Another score there and the game was ovah.
-
Pass rush now non-existent
-
Another score there and the game was ovah.
4th and 6 is a gamble.
And Bielema knew the gofs would miss the extra point.
-
Yeah you don’t go for that on 4th and 6.
Missed extra point by Minny 😂
-
4th and 6 is a gamble.
I'm going back to the play calling on the series where they punted for net 20 yards.
Unfortunately this is far from over even with the missed PAT.
-
I'm going back to the play calling on the series where they punted for net 20 yards.
Unfortunately this is far from over even with the missed PAT.
If you're talking 1st thru 3rd downs, I agree.
-
Offense needs to win this.
-
Yeah I trust Blake Hayes there to pin them inside the 5. In hindsight, you can claim it was a bad call, but not ahead of time.
-
And now Peters is hurt
-
If you're talking 1st thru 3rd downs, I agree.
Yes.
-
Yes.
We've had several of those this year. Get to the 40 and stall. I assume it's the OC and play calling.
-
Very sandy, Illini!
-
Is Brandon Peters trying to get killed?! Dude is all f’ed up already from hits to the head and concussions. Just slide dude.
-
Well if Minny wants to win it, it’s needs 98 yards in 1:12. Blake Hayes with a helluva punt.
-
What’s an Illinois game without all this fucking drama. Wearing my cup.
-
Row the boat!
-
Great win today! Illini players need to row the boat!
-
SKI-U-MAH-DICK
-
Held the gofs to 89 yards rushing.
Big road win.
Go get another.
-
Held the gofs to 89 yards rushing.
Big road win.
Go get another.
Beat the Iowans and NU and go bowling!!!!
-
We held PSU and the gofs to 151 yards rushing in 2 road wins at top 20 teams.
-
Nice win, but the OC still needs to be replaced.
Bielema has two road victories against ranked opponents this season. The last four coaches combined only had one in the last fifteen seasons, which was OSU in 2007.
-
Turned it on when I saw we were up 14-0. Didn’t give them much chance to win this as it seems Minny always has our number.
Incredible performance from the defense which has been stout of late especially considering the offense doesn’t give them a lot of rest for long periods.
Still plenty to play for. The Iowa game could be a mighty low scoring affair with two good defenses and inept offenses. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they kick the shit out of us like they always do.
-
https://twitter.com/craigwchoate/status/1457065316362686476?s=20
-
https://twitter.com/craigwchoate/status/1457065316362686476?s=20
That's Spectacular!
-
Oh.
Herb Lawrence
@Ecnerwal23
Kudos to Bret Bielema .........
-
Oh.
Herb Lawrence
@Ecnerwal23
Kudos to Bret Bielema .........
Has Tempo congratulated Bielema on The Twitter?
-
Has Tempo congratulated Bielema on The Twitter?
You talkin about Wayne ?
Maybe he'll have something to Twitter about Ja' Juan Seider, running backs coach for PSU.
The team we outrushed 357-62.
Ja'Juan Seider: "Let's be honest, man. Call a spade a spade. A healthy Sean Clifford and that Iowa game and Illinois game, it's a different story, right? I know people don't wanna hear that, but that's the freakin' truth and I'll stick to it."
11:05 AM · Nov 4, 2021
Next man up, Ja'Juan.
And I'll stick to it. 😁
-
I have zero idea, but is it legal for a PSU running backs coach who recruited a PSU signee to retweet the PSU recruit's tweet about the congrats he received from the PSU football family ?
-
If he’s actually signed then yes I believe so.
-
If he’s actually signed then yes I believe so.
All that I see is a hard commit this summer, 2022 class, and early signing day is Dec 15, 2021.
If he has signed, I would agree that It's probably ok.
I don't think he's signed.
Oops. Forgot this earlier.
(https://i.ibb.co/5jZ0tQV/20211106-191353.png) (https://ibb.co/c8qBMWd)
-
https://twitter.com/craigwchoate/status/1457065316362686476?s=20
A+. Give that kid one of those side money gigs to license that for UM opponents.
-
Nice win!
-
I assume there's more to it, but ......
"“The one right now that I would trust the least and have the least respect for is P.J. Fleck, without a doubt,” the coach said."
https://saturdaytradition.com/big-ten-football/anonymous-high-school-coach-names-which-big-ten-head-coach-he-trusts-the-least/amp/
-
I assume there's more to it, but ......
"“The one right now that I would trust the least and have the least respect for is P.J. Fleck, without a doubt,” the coach said."
https://saturdaytradition.com/big-ten-football/anonymous-high-school-coach-names-which-big-ten-head-coach-he-trusts-the-least/amp/
he does come off as a big phony to me
-
What an odd article
-
Anonymous high school coach from Wisconsin does not view Minnesota favorably. In other news, water is still wet.