IlliniHQ 2
General Category => The Deuce => Spark vs Tempo => Topic started by: Reacher on September 29, 2021, 01:33:23 PM
-
Matt Nagy was COTY in 2018.
-
Matt Nagy was COTY in 2018.
So I heard. But how does his record compare to Belichick's, without Brady???
-
Matt Nagy won 12.5% more of his games with Mitch Trubisky starting than Belichick has with anyone other than Brady. The list of other QB's he's coached include Bernie Kosar (2x Pro Bowler), Vinny Testeverde (2x Pro Bowler), Drew Bledsoe (4x Pro Bowler and former passing yards leader), Matt Cassell (Pro Bowler), Cam Newton (3x Pro Bowler, MVP), and Jimmy G.
#NFLFacts
-
Matt Nagy won 12.5% more of his games with Mitch Trubisky starting than Belichick has with anyone other than Brady. The list of other QB's he's coached include Bernie Kosar (2x Pro Bowler), Vinny Testeverde (2x Pro Bowler), Drew Bledsoe (4x Pro Bowler and former passing yards leader), Matt Cassell (Pro Bowler), Cam Newton (3x Pro Bowler, MVP), and Jimmy G.
#NFLFacts
Now, if I were having anal sex with Tempo, I would say that you are claiming that Nagy is a better coach than Belichick without Brady. Since I can only dream of such a scenario, I will not say that.
-
I remember when the stats supported the case that Mitchell Trubisky was on par with Patrick Mahomes.
-
How many of those wins were the direct result of Nagy’s offense? I know, I know, “He was the head coach…”
-
Now, if I were having anal sex with Tempo, I would say that you are claiming that Nagy is a better coach than Belichick without Brady. Since I can only dream of such a scenario, I will not say that.
This time, I'm trolling.
-
Another thing about Belichick. How many HOFers did he have in their primes for an extended period? Brady, Gronk, Gilmour? Anyone else? Truly phenomenal what he (and of course, Brady) did with cores that were lacking truly elite players for 20 years.
-
Another thing about Belichick. How many HOFers did he have in their primes for an extended period? Brady, Gronk, Gilmour? Anyone else? Truly phenomenal what he (and of course, Brady) did with cores that were lacking truly elite players for 20 years.
The division was shit except for them the majority of that time.
-
The division was shit except for them the majority of that time.
No doubt, but they still had to run through the playoffs and win the SB, which they did 6 out of 9 times.
Just as easily could have been 9-0. Or maybe 2-7.
You just simply can’t diminish 9 Super Bowl appearances in 20 years. Would have been unthinkable 20 years ago.
-
No doubt, but they still had to run through the playoffs and win the SB, which they did 6 out of 9 times.
* * *
You just simply can’t diminish 9 Super Bowl appearances in 20 years. Would have been unthinkable 20 years ago.
At the risk of being called your homosexual lover, I can't disagree with you on this.
-
At the risk of being called your homosexual lover, I can't disagree with you on this.
It’s 2021, we don’t have to be ashamed anymore.
Did the Bulls face the fiercest competition in their glory years? Not historically.
-
No one diminishes the Bulls and Jordan because they didn’t have to beat Kareem, Magic, Worthy Lakers. Or the Bird, McHale, Parrish Celtics. For a few years, they couldn’t get past Detroit.
I don’t recall the East being that strong in that period, either.
-
If the Jordan Bulls existed 10 years earlier, they win 3-4 championships. And don’t go undefeated in the Finals.
-
If the Jordan Bulls existed 10 years earlier, they win 3-4 championships. And don’t go undefeated in the Finals.
This needs to be moved to the Spicy Take thread.
-
No doubt, but they still had to run through the playoffs and win the SB, which they did 6 out of 9 times.
Just as easily could have been 9-0. Or maybe 2-7.
You just simply can’t diminish 9 Super Bowl appearances in 20 years. Would have been unthinkable 20 years ago.
Totally agree. Similar to Popovich/San Antonio, they sustained high-level success over a period long enough that they did it with multiple 'core' groups. Brady/Belichick's consistency in New England was absolutely freakin' ridiculous.
-
No one diminishes the Bulls and Jordan because they didn’t have to beat Kareem, Magic, Worthy Lakers. Or the Bird, McHale, Parrish Celtics. For a few years, they couldn’t get past Detroit.
I don’t recall the East being that strong in that period, either.
They dealt with some pretty darn good Pacers and Knicks teams.
It's almost a chicken-and-egg thing to me. Kareem/Magic/Worthy and Bird/McHale/Parrish are talked about the way they are because they each won multiple titles, rightfully so. The Bulls beat the best teams of the 90's (other than them) though.
-
If the Jordan Bulls existed 10 years earlier, they win 3-4 championships. And don’t go undefeated in the Finals.
Who in the world knows. Maybe the Bulls would've had the same level of dominance and we're talking about those 80's Lakers and Celtics like we talk about the 90's Jazz and Knicks. Great teams with great players who never broke through.
-
Just heard Phil Simms say that Brady wouldn't have been as good without Belichick being "ahead of the curve" (his words) on offense.
Obviously thought of you guys. Algorithm was running wild.
-
Just heard Phil Simms say that Brady wouldn't have been as good without Belichick being "ahead of the curve" (his words) on offense.
Obviously thought of you guys. Algorithm was running wild.
Lol
-
Phil Simms = Jobu is a match!
-
I happen to know that Phil Simms is a big IlliniHQ guy.