IlliniHQ 2
General Category => Halas Hall Football Forum => Topic started by: dwc13 on September 04, 2021, 05:55:59 PM
-
Kickoff is less than an hour away. First place Fighting Illini looking to remain undefeated against the UTSA Roadrunners.
First year coach Bret Bielema (1-0) is currently tied with Vic Koenning for 2nd best winning percentage for a football head coach in school history. Per Wikipedia, Robert Lackey guided the team to a 6-0 record in his lone season at Illinois back in 1891. Bielema and the Illini have a shot at starting out this season at 6-0:
Nebraska (W)
UTSA
at Virginia
Maryland
at Purdue
Charlotte
Not exactly Murderer's Row.
-
Kickoff is less than an hour away. First place Fighting Illini looking to remain undefeated against the UTSA Roadrunners.
First year coach Bret Bielema (1-0) is currently tied with Vic Koenning for 2nd best winning percentage for a football head coach in school history. Per Wikipedia, Robert Lackey guided the team to a 6-0 record in his lone season at Illinois back in 1891. Bielema and the Illini have a shot at starting out this season at 6-0:
Nebraska (W)
UTSA
at Virginia
Maryland
at Purdue
Charlotte
Not exactly Murderer's Row.
Herbstreit thinks an upset is possible tonight, and at Va won't be easy.
I L L ....
-
Herbstreit thinks an upset is possible tonight, and at Va won't be easy.
I L L ....
UTSA hasn't played a game, which is a huge advantage for Illinois. Plus, they're the road team so they might not have the depth on the DL in the 2nd half.
Virginia is a lacrosse school. That aside, the UVA defense was pretty bad last season.
edit: I N I
-
UTSA hasn't played a game, which is a huge advantage for Illinois. Plus, they're the road team so they might not have the depth on the DL in the 2nd half.
Virginia is a lacrosse school. That aside, the UVA defense was pretty bad last season.
edit: I N I
Herbstreit thought we might come in over confident against a team with a lot of returning starters and a good run game.
The UTSA defense won't be getting tired at this rate.
-
Wow, we kinda suck.
-
United States Tennis Association, er, University of Texas San Antonio leads 14-7 in the 2nd quarter.
Thanks to UTSA for its generosity on that Illinois drive, contributing an OOB kickoff (35 yards) and personal foul (15 yards).
-
UTSA is no joke I’m not surprised at all by this.
-
Zahkari Franklin. 2 star, 2750 rank in 247 composite.
8 receptions for 123 yards.
-
3 penalties last week. 5 so far today.
-
Needed that.
-
So evidently we have one helluva kicker.
-
Who can explain the qb rating ?
(https://i.ibb.co/N1KF0n1/Screenshot-20210904-212800.jpg) (https://ibb.co/wJ4dnrJ)
-
UTSA is no joke I’m not surprised at all by this.
UTSA has a roster full of former Texas HS players and returned @21 starters. Something for the HC to work with.
-
Need a stop. We're getting run over.
-
Finna lose.
-
That last drive was a killer.
-
Yeah, that's why it killed.
-
Need a road win at Va now.
-
Poor play calling last few plays. Good game, but sad to lose at home against a no-name program.
-
Need a road win at Va now.
Lulz
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhe3vSe-mmw
-
Just exactly how bad is Nebraska if they couldn't beat Lollinois?
-
Who can explain the qb rating ?
(https://i.ibb.co/N1KF0n1/Screenshot-20210904-212800.jpg) (https://ibb.co/wJ4dnrJ)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passer_rating
-
37 points at home to UTSA. I'm sure they're good for their level but JFC.
-
Off. Def. SP.
ILL. C+. D-. B+
UTSA. B+. C. C+
Illini secondary got killed today.
-
Wow, we kinda suck.
Kinda? Imagine how bad Nebraska is.
-
UTSA is no joke I’m not surprised at all by this.
Had to make sure this was not Tempo!
-
Kinda? Imagine how bad Nebraska is.
So did you play in the showdown, or what?
-
Just exactly how bad is Nebraska if they couldn't beat Lollinois?
If you were at the game last week, you saw that NE had receivers open on every pass play. The NE QB just stinks.
-
So did you play in the showdown, or what?
No, I went to a wedding and watched the Sox win and the Illini debacle on my phone while I drank Jack Daniels.
-
No, I went to a wedding and watched the Sox win and the Illini debacle on my phone while I drank Jack Daniels.
You still have 9 hours. Do it!
-
No, I went to a wedding and watched the Sox win and the Illini debacle on my phone while I drank Jack Daniels.
Jack Daniels and the White Sox and the Illini what a great mix
-
Jack Daniels and the White Sox and the Illini what a great mix
A necessary mix usually....