IlliniHQ 2

General Category => The Deuce => Topic started by: Custard on March 16, 2020, 01:24:42 PM

Title: I started a band
Post by: Custard on March 16, 2020, 01:24:42 PM
It’s called COVID-19, need a vocalist
Title: Re: I started a band
Post by: Lkdog on March 16, 2020, 01:33:37 PM
LOL. I play guitar. Can't sing worth shit.
Title: Re: I started a band
Post by: Chickengeorge on March 17, 2020, 12:02:28 AM
Death metal?
Title: Re: I started a band
Post by: Custard on March 17, 2020, 12:40:15 AM
Death metal?

How’d you guess? 😂

Title: Re: I started a band
Post by: fucking on March 17, 2020, 02:34:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is4E20dbIVE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is4E20dbIVE)
Title: Re: I started a band
Post by: ThePAMan on March 17, 2020, 05:30:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is4E20dbIVE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is4E20dbIVE)

I was intrigued. Who downvoted that? Maybe Custard's band can play a sped up,  metal version.
Title: Re: I started a band
Post by: SlatsGrobnik on March 17, 2020, 06:12:49 PM
My new band is called "Community Spread." First album, "Infectious." A bit on the nose perhaps.
Title: Re: I started a band
Post by: Custard on March 17, 2020, 06:13:31 PM
The first song we are doing is a remake of “You Fucked Up” by Ween. I’m going to change out the “you” to “us” and the “you bitch” to “China” and “Nazi” to “Commie.” The rest shall remain as-is.
Title: Re: I started a band
Post by: Custard on March 17, 2020, 06:22:41 PM
My new band is called "Community Spread." First album, "Infectious." A bit on the nose perhaps.

What genre? Please not hipster alt
Title: Re: I started a band
Post by: Custard on March 17, 2020, 07:34:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is4E20dbIVE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is4E20dbIVE)

Who downvoted that?

Maury, maybe Mick.
Title: Re: I started a band
Post by: fucking on March 17, 2020, 08:13:02 PM
Who downvoted that?

I noticed that downthumb today, while I posted here. I don't know when it registered. Might have been years ago. I figure it was someone who didn't like the word.

The ONLY point of the song was (circa turn of the century) the ongoing meme that women hate that word more than any other.  I guess I was trolling, because I don't think words hurt people as much as tone or intent.

To call someone a retard isn't especially bad unless they're developmentally disabled.
Title: Re: I started a band
Post by: SlatsGrobnik on March 17, 2020, 10:25:27 PM
My new band is called "Community Spread." First album, "Infectious." A bit on the nose perhaps.

What genre? Please not hipster alt

Widespread Panic-y. Jammy but not that playful.
Title: Re: I started a band
Post by: spark mandrill on March 18, 2020, 09:47:35 AM
pre- or post- herring?