IlliniHQ 2

General Category => Fighting Illini Basketball Forum => Topic started by: ILLINICHIEF on May 05, 2021, 05:33:21 PM

Title: Roger Powell for Asst Coach...
Post by: ILLINICHIEF on May 05, 2021, 05:33:21 PM
Great Article....really wish we could get him back here.

https://theundefeated.com/features/on-this-final-four-trip-gonzaga-assistant-coach-roger-powell-jr-knows-history-awaits/
Title: Re: Roger Powell for Asst Coach...
Post by: Breal31 on May 05, 2021, 09:55:37 PM
Unfortunately I don’t think he was interested
Title: Re: Roger Powell for Asst Coach...
Post by: ILLINICHIEF on May 05, 2021, 09:59:08 PM
Unfortunately I don’t think he was interested

Other than the alumni lure, not sure I would be either in his shoes. Few/Zags carries alot of weight nowadays...arguably more than alot of P-5 schools, not just us.
Title: Re: Roger Powell for Asst Coach...
Post by: Breal31 on May 05, 2021, 10:00:20 PM
Other than the alumni lure, not sure I would be either in his shoes. Few/Zags carries alot of weight nowadays...arguably more than alot of P-5 schools, not just us.

Got a family, not sure he wanted to move them a 3rd time