IlliniHQ 2
General Category => Halas Hall Football Forum => Topic started by: Reacher on September 04, 2026, 01:03:02 PM
-
Bills/Rams Super Bowl. Bills finally get it done. Lazy/rich DJ Moore SB MVP!
Getting less optimistic on the Bears just as the season starts. No Bryant, and WTF is going on with Kyler Gordon? Several guys dinged up. Rome left practice with a foot?
Much tougher schedule, late game magic probably evens out a bit. A lot of questions to answer, especially on defense. Offense may be the best in the league. Colston Loveland is 1st team All-Pro, Caleb has a good year.
But 9-8. I’ll set the bar modestly and hope to be surprised.
-
Bears 17-0, but it would not surprise me if they went 0-17 or 8-9.
WK OPPONENT
1 @Carolina - W
2 vs Minnesota -W
3 vs Philadelphia -L
4 vs New York Jet -W
5 @ Green Bay -L
6 @ Atlanta -W
7 vs New England -W
8 @ Seattle -L
9 vs Tampa Bay -L
10 BYE WEEK
11 vs New Orleans -W
12 @ Detroit -L
13 vs Jacksonville -L
14 @ Miami -W
15 @ Buffalo -L
16 vs Green Bay -L
17 vs Detroit -W
18 @ Minnesota -L
-
Tempo's guy!
https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/nick-wright-danny-parkins-nfl-predictions-first-things-first.html
Nick Wright humiliates Danny Parkins for NFL predictions whiff on ‘First Things First’
"Covered in shame!"
-
Keep your shoes on the ground
https://enewspaper.dailycamera.com/infinity/article_popover_share.aspx?guid=6b33d27d-8196-4d16-9f40-72d01ea35290&share=true
-
Sad news for Tempo and other Lift/Uber drivers!
https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/jj-watt-commends-nbc-dumping-pff-rankings.html
However, those PFF rankings were gone for the Patriots-Seahawks game, replaced by each player’s hometown.
That drew the attention of new NFL on CBS lead analyst J.J. Watt, a vocal critic of Pro Football Focus and its rankings. He commented on social media, “This is a fantastic development.”
J.J. Watt has criticized Pro Football Focus and their grading scales on multiple occasions. Last fall, he said that their positional rankings were made-up numbers.
“The number one issue with PFF by far, bar none, hands down is their player grading system and the fact that they project it everywhere, including nationally televised games on Sunday night where everybody’s watching. And they make it underneath the rankings, where it states as fact ’91st out of 97th defensive tackles.’… that is a completely made-up number,” Watt told Pat McAfee in October 2025.
-
Watt should step in and do it.
-
Imperfect, I'm sure. But I'll bet the really good players tend to rank highly.
-
Imperfect, I'm sure. But I'll bet the really good players tend to rank highly.
Lyft and Uber drivers are known for being able to spot talent on the gridiron!
-
A likely regression in the asspull miracle wins department. Tougher schedule to boot. Going to have win a lot of shootouts, if the Bears offense is up to the task. Just can't help having some 2019 vibes going into the season.
-
Packers with another 2nd half collapse choking away a double digit lead
-
Packers with another 2nd half collapse choking away a double digit lead
I don’t always root against the packers, but when I do oh who am I kidding fuck the Packers
-
Packers with another 2nd half collapse choking away a double digit lead
It's time like this that I wish the Packers had a billionaire owner because Meltdown Matt would've been fired already.
-
Put up 59 and Caleb didn’t throw for 300 yards, and none of our 3 “star receivers” did all that much. Ben Johnson is a genius if he can stay out of his own way. Impressed with how far Caleb has come. He looks like a guy who has command of the playbook and can execute it. Exciting to think of how good this team can be, particularly on offense.
WRs block their asses off. Love to see it. That’s coaching, pure and simple.
-
Bills/Rams Super Bowl. Bills finally get it done. Lazy/rich DJ Moore SB MVP!
Getting less optimistic on the Bears just as the season starts. No Bryant, and WTF is going on with Kyler Gordon? Several guys dinged up. Rome left practice with a foot?
Much tougher schedule, late game magic probably evens out a bit. A lot of questions to answer, especially on defense. Offense may be the best in the league. Colston Loveland is 1st team All-Pro, Caleb has a good year.
But 9-8. I’ll set the bar modestly and hope to be surprised.
9-8 is now 12-5. Offense better than I anticipated and NFC North worse than I anticipated.
-
Bears/Bills Super Bowl, which would be awesome.