IlliniHQ 2

General Category => Fighting Illini Basketball Forum => Topic started by: Lkdog on December 16, 2020, 07:08:23 PM

Title: Dakich
Post by: Lkdog on December 16, 2020, 07:08:23 PM
Fcking moron.

Says Ayo is best guard in country and Top 5 pick.
Kofi is first rounder.

Ayo is second round in most all updated mock drafts. Is 56 th in SI.

Kofi is not listed.

Ayo is becoming very good college player. Has no position in NBA. Can't shoot well enough to be a three and D.
Can't handle or pass or break down to be PG.
Average D.
Might be an ok bench guy in right place.

I think he can make bank in Euro.

Title: Re: Dakich
Post by: Custard on December 16, 2020, 07:21:35 PM
He also thought WV was in the SEC and called Indiana the Harvard of the Midwest. I enjoyed the effusive praise for our star players. Stop and think about that for a second. Illinois has star basketball players again.
Title: Re: Dakich
Post by: Lkdog on December 17, 2020, 09:32:54 AM
He also thought WV was in the SEC and called Indiana the Harvard of the Midwest. I enjoyed the effusive praise for our star players. Stop and think about that for a second. Illinois has star basketball players again.

Good point.
Lets see if this group can finish near top of BIG or win a couple NCAA games before we start putting kids in NBA draft first round projections.
I see one kid on this team who I think could contribute in NBA if I was a GM, and it is not Ayo or Kofi.


Title: Re: Dakich
Post by: ILLove1997 on December 17, 2020, 10:03:45 AM
I did laugh when the other guy working with him called him out "You think I haven't heard of Portillos?"  LOL
Title: Re: Dakich
Post by: sven on December 17, 2020, 10:19:05 AM
ESPN's main stable of announcers is awful. I actually prefer watching games on ESPNU because the no-namers they have doing those games don't feel the need to have a schtick.
Title: Re: Dakich
Post by: ridingthegrange on December 17, 2020, 03:08:36 PM
Not sure I agree.  Braggin' Rights guys were plain awful and never gave updates like; who was the foul on and how many does he have?, who's the new sub? etc..  At least Dakich was better on the relevant info. and he knows the BIG.
Title: Re: Dakich
Post by: fucking on December 17, 2020, 05:51:58 PM
There's a guy on Loyalty saying Dee is the best all-time Illini.

I'll assume he was born in 1993.
Title: Re: Dakich
Post by: Custard on December 17, 2020, 07:39:29 PM
A great case could be made for Dee being the best all-time Illini.

The best Illini basketball player?

Nope.
Title: Re: Dakich
Post by: OskeeWowWoe on December 20, 2020, 07:18:23 AM
Not sure I agree.  Braggin' Rights guys were plain awful and never gave updates like; who was the foul on and how many does he have?, who's the new sub? etc..  At least Dakich was better on the relevant info. and he knows the BIG.

I had the feeling those were SEC Z-list announcers, since that's where the game was scheduled to broadcast.  I agree they were putrid, whoever they were.
Title: Re: Dakich
Post by: illinicalvin on December 20, 2020, 12:41:45 PM
We really shouldn't complain whenever we get the neutral no-name broadcaster and generic former player because Dakich (and Walton and some others) are so fucking bad.

There's no way players respected this guy.
Title: Re: Dakich
Post by: Custard on December 20, 2020, 12:49:01 PM
In 2020 I like listening to Dakich and Jay Bilas.
Title: Re: Dakich
Post by: illinicalvin on December 20, 2020, 01:03:25 PM
I love that Bilas has gotten more blunt over the years. It's like the reverse of what happened to Vitale.
Title: Re: Dakich
Post by: Custard on December 20, 2020, 01:14:37 PM
I used to dislike both of them. Bilas always sounded like a nasal whiny pedant just like Coach K. He’s really loosened up and injects some really good insight and humor into his commentary. Dakich doesn’t come across as obnoxious as he used to, and I enjoy listening to him point out the strategies and play calling. He also is well researched and knows the players and coaches inside and out and consistently tells good stories about CBB and the old days off he Big Ten during the game. I think he has a lot of respect for the Illinois program.
Title: Re: Dakich
Post by: dwc13 on December 20, 2020, 01:47:43 PM
I used to dislike both of them. Bilas always sounded like a nasal whiny pedant just like Coach K. He’s really loosened up and injects some really good insight and humor into his commentary. Dakich doesn’t come across as obnoxious as he used to, and I enjoy listening to him point out the strategies and play calling. He also is well researched and knows the players and coaches inside and out and consistently tells good stories about CBB and the old days off he Big Ten during the game. I think he has a lot of respect for the Illinois program.

Dakich loves B1G Ten basketball (not just IU) and it shows. Need some balance from the ACC & Kansas lovefest blabbered by many college basketball announcers. 
Title: Re: Dakich
Post by: ILLove1997 on December 20, 2020, 07:05:24 PM
I used to dislike both of them. Bilas always sounded like a nasal whiny pedant just like Coach K. He’s really loosened up and injects some really good insight and humor into his commentary. Dakich doesn’t come across as obnoxious as he used to, and I enjoy listening to him point out the strategies and play calling. He also is well researched and knows the players and coaches inside and out and consistently tells good stories about CBB and the old days off he Big Ten during the game. I think he has a lot of respect for the Illinois program.

I thought Bilas and whoever did the Duke game did a pretty good job