IlliniHQ 2

General Category => Fighting Illini Basketball Forum => Topic started by: Custard on March 11, 2025, 09:42:32 AM

Title: Illini Memories
Post by: Custard on March 11, 2025, 09:42:32 AM
My Dad passed away the first day of my last semester at UI. I have a bunch of his stuff in totes I had never really went through. Saturday I dug into one of them and found this 80s bomber jacket. Wanted to wash it so I checked the pockets this morning. Found this ticket stub that was from 30 years to the day I pulled that jacket out of the tote.

Murph’s mom’s number was in the other pocket.


(https://i.ibb.co/dwHyKLZ1/IMG-9429.jpg) (https://ibb.co/Kp8HyLnR)
(https://i.ibb.co/9kwR7zfL/IMG-9428.jpg) (https://ibb.co/v6s2SgrG)
(https://i.ibb.co/Gfm4CJ2y/IMG-9427.jpg) (https://ibb.co/1YctRnq1)
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: ridingthegrange on March 11, 2025, 09:45:37 AM
That's awesome!  Hope it fits!
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: No one in Mn on March 11, 2025, 10:17:15 AM
That's great. Winning with style was appropriate that day.

We outrebounded NU 61-27 and shot 50% from 3. Ed Hightower reffing the game.

(https://i.ibb.co/HD1DnQZP/Screenshot-20250311-101004-Chrome.jpg) (https://ibb.co/GvBvcjmM)
(https://i.ibb.co/wNxKyZc6/Screenshot-20250311-101204-Chrome.jpg) (https://ibb.co/3yL015Rh)
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: Chickengeorge on March 11, 2025, 11:12:41 AM
That's awesome!  Hope it fits!

Murph's mom? Oh, she fits.
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: ThePAMan on March 11, 2025, 12:06:26 PM
Did Murph's mom have a 217 number?
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: Custard on March 11, 2025, 12:25:23 PM
Did Murph's mom have a 217 number?

There’s a 303 and a 719. One was probably her beeper.
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: Jobu on March 11, 2025, 03:04:28 PM
There’s a 303 and a 719. One was probably her beeper.

Oh man. I had a beeper when my wife was pregnant with my first born. No affordable cell phone options back in the day lol
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: murphstahoe on March 11, 2025, 03:11:11 PM
My Dad passed away the first day of my last semester at UI. I have a bunch of his stuff in totes I had never really went through. Saturday I dug into one of them and found this 80s bomber jacket. Wanted to wash it so I checked the pockets this morning. Found this ticket stub that was from 30 years to the day I pulled that jacket out of the tote.

Murph’s mom’s number was in the other pocket.


(https://i.ibb.co/dwHyKLZ1/IMG-9429.jpg) (https://ibb.co/Kp8HyLnR)
(https://i.ibb.co/9kwR7zfL/IMG-9428.jpg) (https://ibb.co/v6s2SgrG)
(https://i.ibb.co/Gfm4CJ2y/IMG-9427.jpg) (https://ibb.co/1YctRnq1)

My Mother died 3 days ago. Thanks
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: murphstahoe on March 11, 2025, 03:13:33 PM
My Mother died 3 days ago. Thanks

We just finished this one.. round 2 now

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/longmont-co/lawrence-murphy-12086340
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: Jobu on March 11, 2025, 03:14:00 PM
Shit, Murph. Didn't your Dad pass not long ago as well?

I'm sorry, man. That's a lot...
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: Jobu on March 11, 2025, 03:15:20 PM
I just hope Custard didn't give her AIDS or something.  Fuck, man
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: ThePAMan on March 11, 2025, 03:25:01 PM
Sorry Murph. That sucks.
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: Custard on March 11, 2025, 04:26:09 PM
(https://media1.tenor.com/m/nQUg2cPvwn8AAAAd/jennifer-lawrence-oops.gif)
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: Jobu on March 11, 2025, 04:35:09 PM
(https://media1.tenor.com/m/nQUg2cPvwn8AAAAd/jennifer-lawrence-oops.gif)

Yeah, that's the thing about "your mom" stuff. You never know when she's gonna decide to kick that bucket.

Fuck, man.
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: Jobu on March 11, 2025, 04:35:40 PM
So, Custard. What did you infect her with?
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: Custard on March 11, 2025, 05:28:19 PM
Yeah, that's the thing about "your mom" stuff. You never know when she's gonna decide to kick that bucket.

Fuck, man.

My neighbor lady does it to me all the time knowing full well my mom had a stroke two summers ago and is in a care home. It is what it is.
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: ILLINICHIEF on March 11, 2025, 05:51:30 PM
My neighbor lady does it to me all the time knowing full well my mom had a stroke two summers ago and is in a care home. It is what it is.

Is she hot at least?
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: ThePAMan on March 11, 2025, 07:54:11 PM
Is she hot at least?

Are you asking about Custard's mom or the neighbor lady?

Someone had to ask before Jobu did.....
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: illinicalvin on March 11, 2025, 08:09:42 PM
Condolences, Murph.

To Custard, that's an awesome find. Solid jacket. Abysmal pre-Eschmeyer NU team.
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: Jobu on March 11, 2025, 08:11:56 PM
My neighbor lady does it to me all the time knowing full well my mom had a stroke two summers ago and is in a care home. It is what it is.

Damn. So that’s why when I fuck her she drools and doesn’t move her left leg.
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: Custard on March 11, 2025, 08:43:32 PM
Damn. So that’s why when I fuck her she drools and doesn’t move her left leg.

Right leg and arm buddy. If you immobilized the left one, you really hit the spot!
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: Jobu on March 11, 2025, 09:58:42 PM
Right leg and arm buddy. If you immobilized the left one, you really hit the spot!

Obviously I have skillz
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: Jobu on March 11, 2025, 09:59:08 PM
See how I did skills with a z. Skillz
Title: Re: Illini Memories
Post by: ThePAMan on March 12, 2025, 10:11:42 AM
Good stuff.