IlliniHQ 2

General Category => The Deuce => Topic started by: Reacher on August 06, 2024, 10:30:06 AM

Title: Christian Nationalism
Post by: Reacher on August 06, 2024, 10:30:06 AM
This is incredible. As a non-religious person, I could some more of this in my life.

https://youtu.be/Blph_2RSBno?si=zfcZrGf8Bvg-KN_-
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: Reacher on August 06, 2024, 10:31:12 AM
Condensed version.

https://x.com/hackingbutlegal/status/1820532138640613812?s=46&t=taZJ_d5ITWr6Hq3PUZDUiQ
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: ThePAMan on August 06, 2024, 11:26:22 AM
This is incredible. As a non-religious person, I could some more of this in my life.

https://youtu.be/Blph_2RSBno?si=zfcZrGf8Bvg-KN_-

It is 18 minutes long. How about the elevator pitch?
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: Custard on August 06, 2024, 11:37:54 AM
I’ve never heard a nationalist message at any church service I’ve ever been to.
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: illiniray on August 06, 2024, 12:40:49 PM
I’ve never heard a nationalist message at any church service I’ve ever been to.

Then it must not exist?

We're basically talking about 30% of self professed Christians.

They are associated with or influenced by ALEC, the 700 Club, the Family Research Council, Liberty University, Dominionism, Christian Reconstruction, Bob Jones University, Joel Osteen, conservative talk radio, a bunch on line incels and anal retentive wannabe alphas,   ...

They have control of the Republican Party.
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: Jobu on August 06, 2024, 12:46:35 PM
I’ve never heard a nationalist message at any church service I’ve ever been to.

You live in Tennessee and have never been to a tent revival?

Get the fuck out of here.
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: ThePAMan on August 06, 2024, 12:53:07 PM
You live in Tennessee and have never been to a tent revival?

Get the fuck out of here.

Maybe he was busy doing all the grilling for the post-revival meals?
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: Jobu on August 06, 2024, 12:54:56 PM
Maybe he was busy doing all the grilling for the post-revival meals?

Hebrew National hot dogs probably
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: ThePAMan on August 06, 2024, 12:56:31 PM
Hebrew National hot dogs probably

I had to laugh.
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: Custard on August 06, 2024, 03:31:01 PM
Hebrew National hot dogs probably

🤣
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: Reacher on August 06, 2024, 08:49:57 PM
It is 18 minutes long. How about the elevator pitch?

I gave everyone the condensed version in the 2nd post.
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: Reacher on August 06, 2024, 08:52:11 PM
I’ve never heard a nationalist message at any church service I’ve ever been to.

What year is this (just confirming that you’ve not been living in a cave or on a deserted island the last 25 years)?
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: illiniray on August 06, 2024, 10:18:47 PM
What is a Christian Nationalist message?
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: ThePAMan on August 06, 2024, 10:29:38 PM
I gave everyone the condensed version in the 2nd post.

My elevator ride at the office is not 4 minutes long.
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: Custard on August 06, 2024, 11:00:22 PM
What is a Christian Nationalist message?

One that might urge congregations to adopt such a mindset
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: illiniray on August 07, 2024, 12:58:23 AM
The Constitution of the United States is based on Judeo-Christian principles.

The United States is a Republic based on the rule of law. It is not and never was a Democracy.

There is no basis for law and morality without the Ten Commandments.

The wall of separation of church and state is found nowhere in the United States Constitution. It is in a letter from Jefferson to some Baptist ministers. The no establishment clause only protects religion from government control, not the other way.

Material success, wealth,  and possessions are blessings from Gawd and Geezus. 

Hard work is a heavenly virtue; sloth is a deadly sin.

The poor are poor because they are lazy and they should pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

Taxation is theft.

The country started going downhill when they kicked Gawd out of the classroom.

Free exercise of religion refers only to Christianity and sometimes Judaism. 

Life, liberty, and property,  are Gawd given rights.

Abortion violates the right to life.
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: ILLove1997 on August 07, 2024, 12:58:49 AM
The Constitution of the United States is based on Judeo-Christian principles.

fuckin idiot

NO
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: ThePAMan on August 07, 2024, 11:56:13 AM
fuckin idiot

NO
I think Nichi was explaining Christian Nationalism there. Are you saying he is incorrect in his explanation?
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: murphstahoe on August 07, 2024, 12:27:21 PM
I think Nichi was explaining Christian Nationalism there. Are you saying he is incorrect in his explanation?

This is Q we are talking about here...
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: ILLove1997 on August 07, 2024, 02:57:51 PM
I think Nichi was explaining Christian Nationalism there. Are you saying he is incorrect in his explanation?

Lets just say he is way off
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: illiniray on August 07, 2024, 03:00:18 PM
Lets just say he is way off

The one you objected to is a core principle of Christian Nationalism. I don't know what planet you have been living on.
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: Reacher on August 07, 2024, 03:31:46 PM
The one you objected to is a core principle of Christian Nationalism. I don't know what planet you have been living on.

🎯
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: ILLove1997 on August 07, 2024, 07:48:05 PM
The one you objected to is a core principle of Christian Nationalism. I don't know what planet you have been living on.

Wrong
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: illiniray on August 07, 2024, 08:04:06 PM
Wrong

If you are saying Christian Nationalists are mistaken; I agree. That is what they believe though.
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: Reacher on August 07, 2024, 08:14:55 PM
Wrong

One million percent not wrong. It’s the first thing out of a Christian Nationalist’s mouth.
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: ILLove1997 on August 07, 2024, 08:33:12 PM
One million percent not wrong. It’s the first thing out of a Christian Nationalist’s mouth.

Not the Judeo part buddy
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: illiniray on August 07, 2024, 09:39:16 PM
Not the Judeo part buddy

The Ten Commandments.
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: Reacher on August 07, 2024, 10:57:42 PM
https://www.fsunews.com/story/opinion/2021/10/31/united-states-founded-judeo-christian-values/6215716001/
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: ThePAMan on August 07, 2024, 11:16:00 PM
This is great
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: ILLove1997 on August 08, 2024, 12:20:33 AM
🤦‍♂️
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: ThePAMan on August 08, 2024, 07:35:12 AM
Breathlessly awaiting 97's detailed explanation of the basis for Christian Nationalism, as opposed to the "no, it's not" we have seen so far. Maybe Alum can help 97 learn how to post links that support one's argument.
Title: Re: Christian Nationalism
Post by: Reacher on August 08, 2024, 09:36:23 AM
Waiting for ‘97 to claim Zionism wasn’t the inspiration for the creation of Israel.