IlliniHQ 2
General Category => Fighting Illini Basketball Forum => Topic started by: Lkdog on March 18, 2024, 12:19:13 AM
-
(https://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/public-s3/images/2024/03/17/2024-ncaa-tournament-bracket-march-madness-mens.jpg)
-
All I want is the second weekend. Just make it fucking happen already.
-
This is interesting.
BYU is a 6 seed due to no Sunday games rule.
Tough possible game for Illinois.
https://www.si.com/college/byu/basketball/no-sunday-play-likely-cost-byu-basketball-a-seed-line-in-ncaa-tournament (https://www.si.com/college/byu/basketball/no-sunday-play-likely-cost-byu-basketball-a-seed-line-in-ncaa-tournament)
-
This is interesting.
BYU is a 6 seed due to no Sunday games rule.
Tough possible game for Illinois.
https://www.si.com/college/byu/basketball/no-sunday-play-likely-cost-byu-basketball-a-seed-line-in-ncaa-tournament (https://www.si.com/college/byu/basketball/no-sunday-play-likely-cost-byu-basketball-a-seed-line-in-ncaa-tournament)
Sure, why not .....😬
On the plus side they don't have us playing BYU in Salt Lake City. Lol
-
Would have otherwise had Gonzaga. Would people have preferred possibly playing Gonzaga instead?
-
Would have otherwise had Gonzaga. Would people have preferred possibly playing Gonzaga instead?
Does not matter. Just beat the team that's in front of you. Just win.
-
Can only play the teams on the schedule guys
-
Can only play the teams on the schedule guys
We have to play them one game at a time. I'm just here to help the ballclub. Good lord willing, things will be alright.
-
someone set up an espn bracket already
-
Figured I’d do one tonight
-
someone set up an espn bracket already
I set up the challenge and 2 brackets already.
The link is in the other thread.
-
https://fantasy.espn.com/tc/sharer?challengeId=240&from=espn&context=GROUP_INVITE&edition=espn-en&groupId=d4b4f6b3-dfac-49c8-a0c7-9b5d4c9f5dcb&joinKey=013e4f0b-44b4-3433-bf7e-131859128dcf
-
Wilbon has Illini, Wisconsin, and Purdue in FF. That is the Kiss of Death.
-
Wilbon has Illini, Wisconsin, and Purdue in FF. That is the Kiss of Death.
Has Wilbon forgotten about how this tournament is officiated? lol
Wisconsin will not get past Duke.
-
Wilbon has Illini, Wisconsin, and Purdue in FF. That is the Kiss of Death.
He's got a medical card!
-
This basketball game is garbage. Virginia basketball hurts my eyes. 25 points they’ve scored through 3/4 of the game. Yuck!
-
This basketball game is garbage. Virginia basketball hurts my eyes. 25 points they’ve scored through 3/4 of the game. Yuck!
Was just about to post something similar. Who got bumped so this shit VA team could play?
-
Was just about to post something similar. Who got bumped so this shit VA team could play?
They’re a power conference school though!! 😂 the selection committee can fuck off. Give me Indiana State.
-
How Virginia won a championship playing this style of horror show basketball is baffling to me.
-
They’re a power conference school though!! 😂 the selection committee can fuck off. Give me Indiana State.
Did Brucie take over for Bennett at Virginia? 33 points in 33 minutes. What a joke. Great call by the committee taking this team over Indiana State.
-
Wilbon has Illini, Wisconsin, and Purdue in FF. That is the Kiss of Death.
Oh good lord. Dr-dr-dr-DRUG TEST.
-
Wow, Virginia has picked up the pace, 38 points in 36 minutes
I love that shirt the CSU fan was wearing, "Virginia basketball=Iowa football ".
This Tony Bennett will sing tonight, "I left my heart in Dayton".
-
Even the mighty Adams St Grizzlies and CSU Pueblo Thunderwolves scored 61 and 54 respectively against Colorado St this season.
-
https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1770279222839275925?s=20
-
Big Ten did alright last night in the NIT. OSU over Cornell, Minnesota went to the wire to beat Butler on the road, and Iowa led start to finish over KSU.
-
Big Ten did alright last night in the NIT. OSU over Cornell, Minnesota went to the wire to beat Butler on the road, and Iowa led start to finish over KSU.
Yep hopefully a good indicator of what's to come.
Between Illinois and Purdue as well as some other tough teams we should hopefully get 3 teams into the EE and 2!!!! Into the FF.
-
I 100% endorse this message and agree with SAS here…
https://x.com/awfulannouncing/status/1770454516518752709?s=46&t=nLWTarDKWNHMqYhTVD-LQQ
-
I'm in another pool if anyone is interested, DM me
>>>>> • Pick one team to win each day of the tournament...if your team wins, you advance. If they lose, you're out. No buybacks.
>>>>> • You can't pick the same team more than once. If you run out of teams to pick because you've already used them, you're out.
>>>>> • $25 per entry. You can have as many entries as you'd like. Like superbowl squares or lottery tickets...more entries = more chances to win.
>>>>> • Winner takes home the whole kiddie pool full of cash...none of this 1st place, 2nd place, participation trophy nonsense.
-
I watched the least amount of CBB I’ve ever watched this year, including the Illini. So it would make sense if we won the natty this year.
-
I watched the least amount of CBB I’ve ever watched this year, including the Illini. So it would make sense if he won the natty this year.
Too busy with Fields?!
-
Too busy with Fields?!
Life.
-
Life.
Well he’s part of it, right?!
-
He’s part of your life, I mean.
-
He’s part of your life, I mean.
Somebody has to chug that cum.
-
Do the Boilermakers make it to the 2nd week this year?
-
I picked MSU in this first game, it's a lock. Go bet on MSU, and if MSU does not win, I will refund your bets!
-
I picked MSU in this first game, it's a lock. Go bet on MSU, and if MSU does not win, I will refund your bets!
I just bet 10k on MSU. I’ll be in touch.
-
MSU guards hard.
-
I don't even remember who I picked, I just remember having one bracket with a lot of higher seeds and then one bracket with pure chaos
-
Too busy with Fields?!
Obsessing over garbage NFL franchise and their garbage QB
-
Duquesne kinda blows to be honest
-
Duquesne kinda blows to be honest
Let’s hope they win though!
-
And how in the hell is Avery Johnson still working as an announcer, his voice is worse than a woman's voice doing the games.
-
Gotta love the wholesome commercial of some inner city blacks building a barber shop with the help of their new 2024 Ford F150 😂
-
Obsessing over garbage NFL franchise and their garbage QB
Funny.
-
And how in the hell is Avery Johnson still working as an announcer, his voice is worse than a woman's voice doing the games.
Worse than a WOMAN’S!
-
MSU guards hard.
We seemed to guard hard at the beginning of the season, and now I hear we suck at defense. What happened? Serious question.
-
Worse than a WOMAN’S!
Hook line and sinker
-
Hook line and sinker
Would be believable if your post weren’t totally on brand!
-
I picked MSU in this first game, it's a lock. Go bet on MSU, and if MSU does not win, I will refund your bets!
5 minutes away from that .61 cents in my Fanduel account turning into $1.13!
-
Murph needs to be on the TV with his locks!
-
Murph needs to be on the TV with his locks!
Texas/CSU - I always favor teams with horns in the logo. Money back guarantee!
-
Murph the Greek can’t miss.
-
Murph needs to be on the TV with his locks!
I'll note that in the pool "I'm banging Judy..." didn't take my pick of MSU! Taste in picks as bad as taste in women! Should have heeded my warning!
-
Murph the Greek can’t miss.
I'm not always right, but when I'm wrong it's in Illinois bracket! Go Dukes!
-
Let's seal the deal dukes!
-
Hell yeah Dukes! Lock this shit up!
-
Let's seal the deal dukes!
they are messing up my plan of grabbing my good luck burrito before Illini tipoff!
-
Let's fucking gooooooo
-
LOL 20% of the people in this survivor pool took BYU!
I'm in another pool if anyone is interested, DM me
>>>>> • Pick one team to win each day of the tournament...if your team wins, you advance. If they lose, you're out. No buybacks.
>>>>> • You can't pick the same team more than once. If you run out of teams to pick because you've already used them, you're out.
>>>>> • $25 per entry. You can have as many entries as you'd like. Like superbowl squares or lottery tickets...more entries = more chances to win.
>>>>> • Winner takes home the whole kiddie pool full of cash...none of this 1st place, 2nd place, participation trophy nonsense.
-
Love it! Much easier path for Illinois if we win!
-
Path to S16 has been greased.
-
Just win today, worry about Saturday on Saturday lol
-
Just win today, worry about Saturday on Saturday lol
This x1000
-
Path to S16 has been greased.
If we don't make a sweet sixteen in this scenario, we might as well just pack it in. Never gonna happen
-
If we don't make a sweet sixteen in this scenario, we might as well just pack it in. Never gonna happen
Murph and I agree on something! 🫶🏼
-
Colorado St started the game up 8-2
Wound up down 11-27 at the half lol
Never seen such a normally decent team so shitty on offense
-
Colorado St started the game up 8-2
Wound up down 11-27 at the half lol
Never seen such a normally decent team so shitty on offense
Virginia 2 days before?
-
Go Oakland. Kick Calipari's ass!
-
Virginia 2 days before?
Virginia is always bad on offense though
-
Virginia is always bad on offense though
Fair Fair, Cheers
-
great play in Oak/Ken - basket and 1, guy misses the FT, both teams think it was 2 shots, kentucky guy grabs the ball on missed FT and throws it out of bounds, Oakland ball
-
Iowa State is nasty team. Double everything and require a lot of good decisions and good execution.
We will need to be really sharp.
-
Iowa State is nasty team. Double everything and require a lot of good decisions and good execution.
We will need to be really sharp.
Hoping they somehow get knocked out before they play us lol
-
Iowa State is nasty team. Double everything and require a lot of good decisions and good execution.
We will need to be really sharp.
I believe it was Northwestern that tried that against us and I think it’s a big mistake if they try to do it to us, and we could beat it.
-
Gohlke is cooking the ever loving fuck out of Kentucky. 9/16, all threes.
-
Gohlke is cooking the ever loving fuck out of Kentucky. 9/16, all threes.
Let's fucking go Oakland!
-
great play in Oak/Ken - basket and 1, guy misses the FT, both teams think it was 2 shots, kentucky guy grabs the ball on missed FT and throws it out of bounds, Oakland ball
Video lmaooo
https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/comments/1bklpfn/kentucky_throws_the_and1_free_throw_out_of_bounds/
-
Gohlke is 🔥
Oakland please upset Kentucky!
-
Reeves is cooking too. Good fucking shit going on here.
-
Oakland with the HUGE shot!!!!
-
They’re gonna pull this shit off aren’t they and I’m gonna love it!!!
-
great play call there Calipari lol
-
😂🤣 fuck you, Kentucky!!!
-
😂🤣 fuck you, Kentucky!!!
We agree on something!
-
unreal - this survivor pool I'm in, 40% of the entrants are already out on day 1
-
yikes too easy
-
Oakland in the house!
-
Always a great fucking day when that POS scum of the earth Calipari goes down
-
Always a great fucking day when that POS scum of the earth Calipari goes down
We ALL agree on something!
-
😂🤣 fuck you, Kentucky!!!
Yes!
-
Calipari may be unemployed after tonight :D :D
-
Calipari may be unemployed after tonight :D :D
I'm sure michigan would give him a job
-
Haha. Suck my cock, Kentucky
-
Orlando and Chin can eat a bag of dicks too! 😂
-
Even our shit defense held the mighty Oakland Grizzlies to 53 points
And Gohlke only shot 2/6 in that game.
-
Even our shit defense held the mighty Oakland Grizzlies to 53 points
And Gohlke only shot 2/6 in that game.
Chin probably had the scout for Kentucky this game 😂 😎
-
I believe it was Northwestern that tried that against us and I think it’s a big mistake if they try to do it to us, and we could beat it.
We can compete and beat them but this is not Northwestern level ball traps.
Will be a war.
-
(https://i.ibb.co/T2kzqYJ/IMG-3336.jpg) (https://ibb.co/qjdbF7h)
-
Wonder what Alum74 has thought of the tournament thus far?
-
😂 Holy shit SAMFORD
-
BULLSHIT THAT WAS CLEAN
-
Samford got boned. That was a clean ass block.
-
Ouch. Samford down 1 with 20 seconds to go and the ball after the block that wasn't.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1771037869857022257
-
Calipari may be unemployed after tonight :D :D
Wouldn't that be great! Those UK fans looked like they ate a bag of shit.
Now if Izzo, Sampson, Arizona and N Carolina would lose their next game I would be a happy camper.
Hey Orlando and Chin, F YOU!
-
Wouldn't that be great! Those UK fans looked like they ate a bag of shit.
Now if Izzo, Sampson, Arizona and N Carolina would lose their next game I would be a happy camper.
No we want Izzo to win!
-
I'll disagree. TY for leaving town, Orlando and Chin.
Got tee times for today and tomorrow ?
-
Ouch. Samford down 1 with 20 seconds to go and the ball after the block that wasn't.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1771037869857022257
would have been a 5 on 4 break as well... fuckin kansas and stupid refs
ruined an otherwise fantastic day
-
jesus christ this NU FAU game is making my eyes bleed
-
jesus christ this NU FAU game is making my eyes bleed
Yeah, two teams that can't hit a bull in the ass with a banjo.
I hope FAU buttfucks them.
-
jesus christ this NU FAU game is making my eyes bleed
Going to bash my head in the wall.
-
yeah Kate Middleton is not more important than the NCAAs
-
yeah Kate Middleton is not more important than the NCAAs
The venn diagram of this is two separate circles
-
The venn diagram of this is two separate circles
Thus nobody who was watching this game needed that CBS breaking news update
-
come on yale!
-
Cmoooooooon yale!
-
So do I remember this right, we lost out on on Robbie Hummel because Weber preferred Bill Cole?
-
come on yale!
YES.
-
Not sure I agree with that goaltending call. Looked to still be at its apex.
-
Please hoop gods not let us get robbed like you did with Self last night
-
Let’s go Yale!!!
-
Let’s go Yale!!!
We agree on something!
-
if we play colorado it might be first to 150
-
That foul on Wolfe was weak sauce.
-
100 apiece with 6 sec to go. Lol. Colorado ball.
Great game
-
100 apiece with 6 sec to go. Lol. Colorado ball.
that hoop was never in doubt!
-
Yale is gonna pull it out over Satan!!!!
-
The Buff shooter gets away with a push off on the game winner,
-
What the fuck are you doing Yale?!
-
Yale is gonna pull it out over Satan!!!!
JENGA!
SEC lol
-
Satan goes down! Great fucking work, Yale!
-
golds! golds! golds! golds! golds!
-
What the fuck are you doing Yale?!
They are drama majors!
That Auburn player looked like he was gonna cry after missing the first
-
They tried everything to lose that damn game! Damn
-
Suck it, Pearl.
-
My survivor pool - more than half couldn't get through 2 days.
I'm riding Duke this afternoon.
-
Calipari and Satan two of the biggest POS scumbag assholes getting exactly what they deserve. Thank you, Yale and Oakland.
-
You love to see it
-
B1G doing B1G things so far, Pearl loses, Hopefully the only Duke that will win already has and wins no more, need Scheyer to lose now.
ILLINI winning tomorrow, and so far can't really get any better so far!
-
B1G doing B1G things so far, Pearl loses, Hopefully the only Duke that will win already has and wins no more, need Scheyer to lose now.
ILLINI winning tomorrow, and so far can't really get any better so far!
I'm greedy and pissed about that Samford game
-
Nebraska getting their shit pushed in by atm
-
Purdue finally commits a foul at the under 8 mark 1st half and immediately procedes to bitch about it.
-
Purdue finally commits a foul at the under 8 mark 1st half and immediately procedes to bitch about it.
This is a prototype Purdue tourney game, where they just think they are gonna roll this and dick around, dumb turnovers, bad shots, etc..
-
Badgers with 1 FG and 5 turnovers in the first 5 minutes against the JMU Dukes
-
James Madison has showed dominance, and Wisconsin has cowered. Wisconsin knows James Madison is better. If you ever played, you’d see it in their body language.
-
Agree. They look overmatched.
-
Just me or has today been a really boring day of basketball for the first Friday of the tourney?
Good thing is there are a lot of rounds and good matchups left.
-
Just me or has today been a really boring day of basketball for the first Friday of the tourney?
Good thing is there are a lot of rounds and good matchups left.
It's just you, lots of good games today and some on now
-
Storr has pulled quite the disappearing act tonight.
Wahl hasn't been the same since Domask took his lunch money in Madison
-
Stripes are trying real hard to keep Wisconsin in this, and they still won’t take it.
-
Stripes are trying real hard to keep Wisconsin in this, and they still won’t take it.
I had to laugh at the posession near the end where they got the rebound off the free throw and then proceeded to brick 4 straight shots
-
JMU was the bully from start to finish. Wisconsin didn't know what hit 'em.
Dukes vs Duke on Sunday
-
Can't tell if JMU and their D1 high winning streak are that good, or if UW just isn't that good and if so it probably lowers the big ten potential a notch or two.
James Madison looked great from start to finish like Miles said. They are legit. But they are also small. I mean this is the kind of team that can take down Purdue or Illinois.
-
Can't tell if JMU and their D1 high winning streak are that good, or if UW just isn't that good and if so it probably lowers the big ten potential a notch or two.
James Madison looked great from start to finish like Miles said. They are legit. But they are also small. I mean this is the kind of team that can take down Purdue or Illinois.
Or Duke.
-
Or Duke.
Fingers crossed. Go JMU!
-
Bryce Drew finally wins a tournament game. He was another old HQ darling that the message board ADs here wanted us to hire IIRC.
-
Bryce Drew finally wins a tournament game. He was another old HQ darling that the message board ADs here wanted us to hire IIRC.
Yeah someone had a real boner for Bryce drew
-
Collins is 3-0 in first rd games...did not know.
-
Wasn’t it Dom that was in love with Bryce? Or Breal?
-
I thought it was breal too
-
I think Tempo wanted to fuck him as well
-
Too pasty for Tempo’s taste
-
I think Tempo wanted to fuck him as well
(https://i.postimg.cc/BQJFx8qQ/IMG-6946.jpg) (https://postimages.org/)
-
Too pasty for Tempo’s taste
More accurate than Jobu, at least.
-
I’ll tell you a guy I was a little lusty for, was Kevin Keatts. Who has been thoroughly mediocre at NC State until the past two weeks.
-
The white guy I wanted to coach bang was Archie Miller. I’m still stunned he flopped at IU.
-
No we want Izzo to win!
Yeah, it would mean UNC would be gone. I get it. A good news, bad news situation.
Looks like Arizona is getting this game under control. Hope I'm wrong.
-
And let’s go Washington State!
-
I thought it was breal too
I think it was Breal who crushed on him the most
-
Zags are shitting on Kansas. 31-9 run in the 2nd half
-
KU receiving what I believe the kids these days call an “ass whooping.”
-
Nice to see KU and Hunter Dickinson get buttfucked by a somewhat down Gonzaga squad.
-
Serves em right they should have lost to Samford probably after blowing a 20 point lead
-
9 straight sweet 16s for Gonzaga is massively impressive
-
Nice to see KU and Hunter Dickinson get buttfucked by a somewhat down Gonzaga squad.
Nice to finally have a tournament that has nothing but candy and flowers in the stocking and no lumps of coal.
-
9 straight sweet 16s for Gonzaga is massively impressive
That’s nasty if true. Almost sounds impossible for any team to accomplish except going back to the 70s UCLA teams
-
interesting stat. 100% of HQ2 denizens posting on the Deuce during the tourney are douchebags
-
Izzo has *17* wins in the tourney as the worse seed?
I think since I started at UIUC in 86 - Henson, Kruger, Self, Webber, Groce, and Underwood have one combined
-
Once unc was down by 10 the refs really tilted it uncs way
-
Once unc was down by 10 the refs really tilted it uncs way
Kinda noticed that as well…
-
Halfway through the first half, Iowa St. has a whopping 4 points.
-
Halfway through the first half, Iowa St. has a whopping 4 points.
Let's fucking go cooooogs
-
That’s nasty if true. Almost sounds impossible for any team to accomplish except going back to the 70s UCLA teams
Since the NCAA Tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1985, only two teams have made nine straight Sweet 16s: North Carolina, which did it from 1984-1993, and Duke, which did it from 1998-2006
-
That’s nasty if true. Almost sounds impossible for any team to accomplish except going back to the 70s UCLA teams
They get the benefit of a very high seed every year by not losing in their shit conference but still insane
-
Izzo has *17* wins in the tourney as the worse seed?
I think since I started at UIUC in 86 - Henson, Kruger, Self, Webber, Groce, and Underwood have one combined
Lol that’s nuts.
-
PAC is 6-0 in it's swan song. C'mon Cougs!
-
Looks like Iowa St is moving on
-
Looks like Iowa St is moving on
Yeah thats game
-
I think we can run them off the court…
-
Take care of business tonight though…
-
Would be nice to get out to a 30-12 lead and win 93-71 instead of having to find ourselves at some point in the game lol
-
Would be nice to get out to a 30-12 lead and win 93-71 instead of having to find ourselves at some point in the game lol
Ok. Let’s cruise to an easy win!
(https://i.postimg.cc/gkcDZHtG/IMG-6960.jpg) (https://postimg.cc/dDXrMrKf)
-
Duquesne kinda blows to be honest
Like I said
-
NC St had to rally to beat lowly Louisville in the first round of the ACC tourney.
Now they are in the Sweet Sixteen.
Madness.
-
Dusty May to MI per ESPN
-
Dusty May to MI per ESPN
Wow. All the smoke was headed in Louisville's direction. Wonder what changed.
-
That Burns dude for NC State is a big boy! He’s looks like a small town local legend 😂
-
Thought May was headed to Louisville for sure.
-
Better he than Nate Oats. May is a decent coach but doesn't wow me.
-
Better he than Nate Oats. May is a decent coach but doesn't wow me.
Agreed.
-
Creighton showing that a 3-seed can easily lose to an 11-seed…
-
Creighton showing that a 3-seed can easily lose to an 11-seed…
[/quote
2 guys for Oregon have scored all their points after halftime.
-
Soft touch
Going to 2nd OT?
-
This ducks v blue Jay's game is wild
-
This ducks v blue Jay's game is wild
Damn straight boss!
-
The little guy that hit the 3 looks like he's 30 years old
-
Dana loses to his former team. I love the selection committee process.
-
Utah State playing stupid.
-
Utah State playing stupid.
They started off fine and then decided to keep driving directly into the teeth of the 7'4 beast.
-
Let's go JMU!
-
Let's go JMU!
ACC has been looking strong. 3 in the S16.
-
Clemson going for #4
-
Come on Northwestern, at least put up a minor fight here...
-
Clemson really just gave this away in the most simple fashion
-
Clemson really just gave this away in the most simple fashion
Then Baylor gives it back in the simplest fashion known to basketball
-
Then Baylor gives it back in the simplest fashion known to basketball
I've read here that free shot shooting doesn't matter.
-
Bet RayJ Dennis wishes he picked Illinois now :D
-
Buie and Barnhizer are a combined 0/14. Not beating anyone, especially the reigning champs when your top 2 scorers are doing jack shit.
-
Grand Canyon sucks at boxing out on free throws
-
I've read here that free shot shooting doesn't matter.
No you didn’t.
-
We're getting the 9:00 PM start Thursday. 10 PM Boston time.
-
Wow Texas A&M hits the buzzer beater three to take Houston to OT. Let's go.
Sampscum called a TO with one second left giving A&M a chance to setup a last second play. Oops that may come back to haunt him lolol
-
Wow Texas A&M hits the buzzer beater three to take Houston to OT. Let's go.
Sampscum called a TO with one second left giving A&M a chance to setup a last second play. Oops that may come back to haunt him lolol
damn i turned the game off with UH was up by like 13ish with 3 to go
-
Great inbounds pass on that play
-
Shoulda fouled there, Sampscum.
-
No you didn’t.
Buzz Williams remembers it.
-
This Taylor kid on A&M chucking up halfcourt junk
-
The Sweet Sixteen field
All four 1 seeds
All four 2 seeds
Two 3 seeds (hey one of those is us!)
Two 4 seeds
Two 5 seeds
One 6 seed
One 11 seed
Not the chaos it was last year. That's a pretty stacked field.
-
it's so great to have a whole second week to get pumped for the tourney
-
it's so great to have a whole second week to get pumped for the tourney
It’s refreshing.
-
It's fun and great for the program and fans.
I think the bar needs to be a S16 every 3-4 years or so.
I see Gonzaga just made their 9th straight.
-
Nm
-
I see Gonzaga just made their 9th straight.
Extremely good game coach. Got rather lucky this year in that their draw was demonstrably better than the one given to the team that beat them for the conference title and 2/3 times this year.
-
It's fun and great for the program and fans.
I think the bar needs to be a S16 every 3-4 years or so.
I see Gonzaga just made their 9th straight.
I agree and I believe Coach would also, based on his recent comments. I do think the portal, with all it's flaws will eventually even the playing field out for a lot of programs.
It may not have much effect on the true leading programs, UConn, Duke, Kentucky of the world, as far as for recruiting. Many other programs trying to get to and maintain year in and year out it will, the ILLINI HAVE to be one of these teams.
The trend is to get old and stay old, I don't think our Coach has been given enough credit for being ahead of that curve if you will. Coach Cal is learning it the hard way, and other coaches will also. In the long run I think the portal will make the NCAA game much stronger and way better to watch even than in the past.
-
I agree and I believe Coach would also, based on his recent comments. I do think the portal, with all it's flaws will eventually even the playing field out for a lot of programs.
It may not have much effect on the true leading programs, UConn, Duke, Kentucky of the world, as far as for recruiting. Many other programs trying to get to and maintain year in and year out it will, the ILLINI HAVE to be one of these teams.
The trend is to get old and stay old, I don't think our Coach has been given enough credit for being ahead of that curve if you will. Coach Cal is learning it the hard way, and other coaches will also. In the long run I think the portal will make the NCAA game much stronger and way better to watch even than in the past.
Brad's nothing if not adaptable. Think about all the differing types of players he's dealt with here. I think that makes the program more attractive in the portal. He's certainly enjoying not having to deal with any butt-hurt miscreants this year.
-
Nice empty stadium AZ and Clemson is playing in out in LA
-
Clemson is tough!
-
Clemson is tough!
I knew sooner or later we'd start disagreeing again.
Arizona wins by 15
-
I knew sooner or later we'd start disagreeing again.
Arizona wins by 15
Usually ends up where you’re wrong… 😘
-
Usually ends up where you’re wrong… 😘
Every blind judge finds an occasional acorn!
-
I knew sooner or later we'd start disagreeing again.
Arizona wins by 15
Oof
-
Oof
-
Oof
-
Oof
-
No one is beating UConn.
-
No one is beating UConn.
You shut your dirty little mouth right the fuck up!
-
I wanna believe but they are the best team and look to be peaking.
-
If we had Deron Williams I’d like our chances.
-
The ACC cleaning up in Madness.
The curtain closes on the Pac 12 conference.
-
No one is beating UConn.
They said that about UNLV once too
-
They said that about UNLV once too
Oh look, we agree again!
Oof
-
“Inspiration to everyone” is not how you refer to Bruce Pearl as. What in the actual fuck?!
-
They said that about UNLV once too
Christian Laettner, Grant Hill, and Bobby Hurley not a bad trio. And Coach K, the most successful coach of the modern era (by far).
-
“Inspiration to everyone” is not how you refer to Bruce Pearl as. What in the actual fuck?!
Pearl an inspiration? HAHAHAHA, UHHHHHH OK. That POS low life cok sucker can go to hell.
-
I knew sooner or later we'd start disagreeing again.
Arizona wins by 15
Arizona loses! I hate them from my years of living in So Cal.
-
Carolina done. Wow
-
Carolina done. Wow
Works for me! Hate their BS.
-
Hated the fact that it had to be Alabama to beat them
-
Hated the fact that it had to be Alabama to beat them
True. I never pull for Alabama in any sport.
-
Dream scenario - beat Purdue in the final
Consolation - Gonzaga wins tonight
-
I’d like to see Purdue lose by one point in the E8.
-
True. I never pull for Alabama in any sport.
Only when they played ND in the national title game in FB.
-
The fat doughboy on NC St showing off the handles and the up-and-under finish.
-
The fat doughboy on NC St showing off the handles and the up-and-under finish.
I’d like to see him and Dain Dainja play a game of one on one
-
I’d like to see him and Dain Dainja play a game of one on one
Or Eddie Lampkin from Colorado.
-
Or Eddie Lampkin from Colorado.
Eddie just entered the portal much to the surprise of everyone around here. Need a 4th to "round out" this match.
-
When is the last time a high major that was barely .500 entering the postseason make this kind of run?
-
Marquette shooting a blistering 11% from 3
-
When is the last time a high major that was barely .500 entering the postseason make this kind of run?
They were tied with Louisville with 5 minutes left in the first round of the ACC tournament.
-
Gonzaga laying brick after brick from deep jeez
-
I’d like to see him and Dain Dainja play a game of one on one
if that happens a week from Monday I'll die a happy man
-
https://twitter.com/JohnGasaway/status/1773884242197401911
-
God damn acc can't lose
-
Satan getting applause on the postgame is goddamn sickening.
-
When is the last time a high major that was barely .500 entering the postseason make this kind of run?
UCLA won a play in as an 11 seed and made Final Four where they lost to undefeated Gonzaga 93-90 in national semis.
They were 17-9 heading into NCAA tourney and had lost first round in the PAC 10 tourney.
Pretty crazy.
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2022-07-20/2021-ncaa-bracket-scores-stats-records-march-madness-mens-tournament (https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2022-07-20/2021-ncaa-bracket-scores-stats-records-march-madness-mens-tournament)
-
Only when they played ND in the national title game in FB.
Easy there buster.
-
Mn, guy down the street who goes to the Frozen Four every year is out tailgating in your neck of the woods right now.
I mocked him for drinking Bud Light in his photos.
-
Mn, guy down the street who goes to the Frozen Four every year is out tailgating in your neck of the woods right now.
I mocked him for drinking Bud Light in his photos.
He might have to drink a lot of them.
JJ McCarthy's school, Denver and 2 teams from Boston.
-
Both goalies on fire.
-
OT with Pios on PP. Great game!
-
Buddy saw Bissonette from TNT, Spuittin' Chicklets podcast, and the Pink Whitney vodka ads. Said he did not drink anymore, but if they had weed he would partake. LOL
-
Like that these 2 teams don't seem to like each other.
-
B1G refs letting them play.
-
Announcers blasting the refs. BU apologists.
-
Score!
-
Congrats Grange!
Suck it BU Hutson brothers. That's what you get for leaving Illinois to play youth hockey in Michigan!
-
No congrats yet. Bring on the SCum!
-
No congrats yet. Bring on the SCum!
Not going well for scUM right now
-
Lane Hutson loses to Denver last night and signs his Montreal Canadians contract today. Good luck kid, with your size playing D, you are going to need it.
-
Good luck Grange!
-
BC already hit a post
-
Behrens on Denver was a Chicago area youth hockey player. Didn't leave Illinois like the Hutsons did.
-
Good game so far. Goalies looking solid.
-
Lucky to be scoreless after 1.
-
Devine from Denver also a Chicago area youth hockey player.
-
Gooooooooaaaaaaallllll
-
The Illinois players and the San Diego Jews who are the sons of Israeli immigrants playing a decisive role for Denver so far!
-
The Illinois players and the San Diego Jews who are the sons of Israeli immigrants playing a decisive role for Denver so far!
You won't see that written in the Fake News. Lol
-
You won't see that written in the Fake News. Lol
The Failing New York Times and NPR will have big problems reporting on this game if the score holds!
-
Keep it up Pios! You got this!
-
Matt Davis looking like Jim Craig in 1980!
-
Congrats to Grange and the Pios!
-
Keith Magnuson smiling.
-
A good game for DU. Nothing but shots on goalie for BC.
-
NCAA trophies are so lame
-
Nothing better than seeing guys hoist Lord Stanley's Cup
-
The kid catching his F bomb was funny
-
Nothing better than seeing guys hoist Lord Stanley's Cup
Hmmm...Last time the Pios won, the Avs followed suit. Hockey town once again?
-
Hmmm...Last time the Pios won, the Avs followed suit. Hockey town once again?
MacKinnon was flying the other night....
-
MacKinnon was flying the other night....
When he's flying, no one better.
-
When he's flying, no one better.
https://brobible.com/sports/article/denver-hockey-unlv-club-loss-website-tie-denial/
Grange!
-
https://brobible.com/sports/article/denver-hockey-unlv-club-loss-website-tie-denial/
Grange!
Saw that. Miracle on Ice Deux? With an *