IlliniHQ 2
General Category => Fighting Illini Basketball Forum => Topic started by: ILLINICHIEF on December 19, 2023, 09:03:29 AM
-
First one I have seen, and I don't think this one is particularly on point.
That said a lot of G-League/Foreign players projected high.
TSJ - slotted at #27, I could see him getting into the Top 15-20 easily by year end if his play continues as it has been, especially if he leads us to a late run in the tourney.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/2024-nba-mock-draft-3-alex-sarr-takes-top-spot-with-international-prospects-impressing-early-in-the-season-181955815.html
-
First one I have seen, and I don't think this one is particularly on point.
That said a lot of G-League/Foreign players projected high.
TSJ - slotted at #27, I could see him getting into the Top 15-20 easily by year end if his play continues as it has been, especially if he leads us to a late run in the tourney.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/2024-nba-mock-draft-3-alex-sarr-takes-top-spot-with-international-prospects-impressing-early-in-the-season-181955815.html
If the Bulls draft Collier I’ll be pissed. They need to select Matas Buzelis, that is drafted one slot below them. If they pass on him they’re stupid.
-
If the Bulls draft Collier I’ll be pissed. They need to select Matas Buzelis, that is drafted one slot below them. If they pass on him they’re stupid.
Agreed, they should have kept Lauri Markkanen as well. Collier will be very good for someone, Buzelis should be Top 5 and probably won't get to the Bulls without a tradeup or something.
-
Shannon to Phoenix in latest Mock Draft from Bleacher Report...CoHawk to the Celtics at #48.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10108174-2024-nba-mock-draft-full-2-round-predictions-post-trade-deadline
Effectively think CoHawk played himself out of a position in the draft, until lately, he seems to be flailing his arms/whining to refs as much as he once did. If that continues and his shooting continues, going off this draft order 30-45 seems like a place he can surpass. Those players projected in those spots are no better and in fact may be just placed there based on team needs. CoHawk is certainly better than many, and I am not a huge fan of his like I once was. Good for him.
-
Shannon to Phoenix in latest Mock Draft from Bleacher Report...CoHawk to the Celtics at #48.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10108174-2024-nba-mock-draft-full-2-round-predictions-post-trade-deadline
Effectively think CoHawk played himself out of a position in the draft, until lately, he seems to be flailing his arms/whining to refs as much as he once did. If that continues and his shooting continues, going off this draft order 30-45 seems like a place he can surpass. Those players projected in those spots are no better and in fact may be just placed there based on team needs. CoHawk is certainly better than many, and I am not a huge fan of his like I once was. Good for him.
Coleman Hawkins should find himself a nice high level league overseas and make a lot of money.
-
Coleman Hawkins should find himself a nice high level league overseas and make a lot of money.
Agreed, however I do think he may get a chance (legit) at the NBA...who knows maybe a 35 yr old veteran can take him under his wing and explain that not only will he not get every call, but also that he also commits them contrary to CoHawk version of himself.
-
going off this draft order 30-45 seems like a place he can surpass. Those players projected in those spots are no better and in fact may be just placed there based on team needs. CoHawk is certainly better than many
Eh, I'm not sure about that. They have Oso Ighodaro slotted at 34. No one who watched IL-Marq would pick Hawkins over him. Hawkins isn't going to compete in being a true 5 vs. the guys in that group (Edey, etc.) and he's not as good of a shooter/perimeter player as some of the forward options (like Karaban at 47.
-
Hawkins was hurt during that Marquette game and has been playing much better since Christmastime. He is shooting around 40% from 3 for the season now, shoots free shots at 83%, and does a lot of things defensively with his mobility at his length. But I just don’t think I can see him playing his way that high in the draft unless he goes on some insane run to end the season or something.
-
CH is not an NBA starter but could find a bench spot in the right place. Playing with all these grads has helped his IQ, probably thru osmosis.
-
Eh, I'm not sure about that. They have Oso Ighodaro slotted at 34. No one who watched IL-Marq would pick Hawkins over him. Hawkins isn't going to compete in being a true 5 vs. the guys in that group (Edey, etc.) and he's not as good of a shooter/perimeter player as some of the forward options (like Karaban at 47.
This. What position does he play at next level?
He can't guard good 1/2/5's in college right now and will not be able to do so in NBA.
He has become solid defender against garden variety 4/3 types in college, but stronger 4's and quicker 3's will easily handle him in NBA.
He has clearly improved his outside shooting in second half, but there will not be the mismatches against 5's he gets in college.
He is just another taller guy at pick and pop at next level and they can get out on him better and certainly stay in front of him. He is not very good in ISO really yet, but has improved finally and is driving to get his own shots more.
He does everything on offense decently now for sure at college level, but nothing great that sticks out. He is pretty decent athlete-again not great. The NBA is loaded with athletic freaks.
He will also be 23 years old in December.
He has finally become a consistently good college player (all credit to him) but marginal still for an NBA roster unless he really jumps another level the rest of year and in workouts.
His best bet is to catch onto a roster somewhere and work like hell to improve his skills and strength and quickness to get into a rotation.
It could happen.
As for Shannon- really hard to say due to the pending rape charges. He certainly is playing like he can contribute on an NBA roster.
With no rape charges he looks like a late first round or early second round guy.