IlliniHQ 2

General Category => Fighting Illini Basketball Forum => Topic started by: ILLove1997 on February 26, 2020, 10:54:02 PM

Title: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: ILLove1997 on February 26, 2020, 10:54:02 PM
That is all ;D
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Custard on February 26, 2020, 10:58:25 PM
Thank you for your service Mr. Pimp.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: ILLove1997 on February 26, 2020, 11:03:11 PM
If we lose its because of this new board, of course
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Custard on February 27, 2020, 11:05:13 AM
Illini 6 point favorites concerns me a bit.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: ILLove1997 on February 27, 2020, 11:18:53 AM
I'm detecting some home cooking happening tonight
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Jrock74 on February 27, 2020, 11:45:04 AM
I predict we will see a lot of 2-3 zone tonight.  Need to attack the gaps and get to the free throw line.  Do that and play hard D for 40 minutes and we cover.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Miniditka on February 27, 2020, 12:44:46 PM
I predict we will see a lot of 2-3 zone tonight.  Need to attack the gaps and get to the free throw line.  Do that and play hard D for 40 minutes and we cover.
Zone for sure, maybe 2-3. If we do see a zone, we need to be all over the offensive boards.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Jrock74 on February 27, 2020, 01:54:48 PM
I predict we will see a lot of 2-3 zone tonight.  Need to attack the gaps and get to the free throw line.  Do that and play hard D for 40 minutes and we cover.
Zone for sure, maybe 2-3. If we do see a zone, we need to be all over the offensive boards.

Haven't had a lot of these type of positive feelings this year about this team but I really actually think this will be a route. On paper Illinois is a very bad match up for Northwestern per Kenpom.  Our strengths are their weaknesses.  Minnesota destroyed N'western on the glass and I expect us to do the same.  Kofi should have an easy double double tonight even with a packed in zone.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: ThePAMan on February 27, 2020, 02:00:16 PM
Illini have not lost since Blago was freed....just saying. Now we are going to get a D1 hockey team apparently.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Miles Leonard on February 27, 2020, 06:56:14 PM
They gave us a game at our place. This won't be a cakewalk by any means.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Jrock74 on February 27, 2020, 06:57:57 PM
They gave us a game at our place. This won't be a cakewalk by any means.
We got this.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Jrock74 on February 27, 2020, 07:20:48 PM
 
They gave us a game at our place. This won't be a cakewalk by any means.

 ;D
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Miles Leonard on February 27, 2020, 07:24:40 PM
Sweet behind the back by Ayo!
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Chickengeorge on February 27, 2020, 07:34:09 PM
Ayo and Kofi looking very tough tonight.

Same ol' Giorgi.  Damn kid, bust outa that funk!
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: SlatsGrobnik on February 27, 2020, 07:50:30 PM
Not sure why Griff hasn't played more, he's been all over the place and none of the other wings except Ayo has done anything.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Jrock74 on February 27, 2020, 07:53:37 PM
Not sure why Griff hasn't played more, he's been all over the place and none of the other wings except Ayo has done anything.
Done just about everything right when he was on the floor couple nice drives, passes and a few boards.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Miles Leonard on February 27, 2020, 08:16:16 PM
Every time I want to think we're about to pull away, NW comes right back. This happened the last time we played them too.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: SlatsGrobnik on February 27, 2020, 08:21:02 PM
Griff is balling.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Miles Leonard on February 27, 2020, 08:30:15 PM
Griff is balling.

Yup
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: SlatsGrobnik on February 27, 2020, 08:32:15 PM
Even when he's wide open Trent isn't close on his jumper tonight. He does a lot for them but he's gotta hit open threes.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Miles Leonard on February 27, 2020, 08:33:56 PM
Giorgi gets some cheap points courtesy of NW
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Miles Leonard on February 27, 2020, 08:35:26 PM
Griff en fuego
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Chickengeorge on February 27, 2020, 08:36:15 PM
Griff is balling.

Dayum!
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: SlatsGrobnik on February 27, 2020, 08:39:51 PM
Love to see Griff gaining confidence, having fun. Obviously this is a once a season performance, and he's got the ability to be game changing shooter. But he's also almost to the point where he has a really positive effect on the game even when his shot isn't falling every night.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Miles Leonard on February 27, 2020, 08:54:21 PM
Stop fouling
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Chickengeorge on February 27, 2020, 08:55:51 PM
Make your f'n free throws.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: SlatsGrobnik on February 27, 2020, 08:59:47 PM
Griff, Ayo and Kofi were 22-30 from the floor.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: illinicalvin on February 27, 2020, 09:00:36 PM
This is a solid but expected win. ~10 on the road v. NU, 11th B1G win and push Chris Collins a half-step closer to the door.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: ThePAMan on February 27, 2020, 09:10:29 PM
Suck it, Wilbon!!!
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: ThePAMan on February 27, 2020, 09:28:55 PM
Another victory following the release of the great political prisoner, Blago.
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Miles Leonard on February 27, 2020, 10:07:40 PM
We will finish above .500 in conference play for the first time in 10 years.  :o
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: ILLove1997 on February 27, 2020, 10:20:53 PM
We will finish above .500 in conference play for the first time in 10 years.  :o

with a few more games to go!

I-L-L!
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Lkdog on February 27, 2020, 10:41:49 PM
AG can stroke it.

(https://dailyillini.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/BONAGURO_20200211_USA_6629-579x900.jpg)
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: illiniray on February 27, 2020, 10:55:29 PM
Apparently, this only works for admins

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xdXbHew4gz4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: illiniray on February 27, 2020, 10:56:37 PM
Code: [Select]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdXbHew4gz4
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Custard on February 27, 2020, 11:39:00 PM
https://youtu.be/gS0mwdLKC8g

Test
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: illiniray on February 28, 2020, 02:14:51 PM
Try wrapping the youtube imbed code in  html tags   

https://youtu.be/s_NIAln2LJg

note
Shawn Groves 3 years ago "I can embed videos as an admin using this code, but regular members cannot. I have basic html checked in the admin area of the forums. Any ideas?"

Also:

"using the html tags is a security risk... only full admins will ever have the right to that.

there are about a dozen mods [modifications?] that allow for embedding of videos - some for just youtube, others for a whole bunch of different sites."

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=559071.0

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=545911.0
Title: Re: I am the disco pimp and we shall crush the NURDS!
Post by: Custard on March 01, 2020, 01:06:27 AM
I’ll get it all sorted out I just didn’t want spend a bunch of money dialing everything in around here until I had some sort of idea what to expect.