Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 03:07:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 131
  • Latest: Tubetv
Stats
  • Total Posts: 120663
  • Total Topics: 1097
  • Online Today: 76
  • Online Ever: 184
  • (June 07, 2023, 04:50:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 22
Total: 24

who leaves

• 343 Replies

FaninCa

• +3/-75
    • View Profile
Re: who leaves
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2023, 08:19:26 PM »
Time for Edey to hit the portal and Illinois throw him a huge NIL offer.

ILLove1997

• +70/-1807
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2023, 08:24:28 PM »
Will be surprised if Shannon returns.  Seems he'll get drafted in the second round. Same for Hawkins

lol you're joking right
----------------------------------------------------
Inaugural Official HQ2 Tempo AOTC Award Winner

FaninCa

• +3/-75
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2023, 09:00:56 PM »
lol you're joking right

They've both been listed as 2nd round picks in several drafts boards throughout the season.
I was surprised to see Hawkins listed. He's very flawed.

illiniray

• +409/-1697
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2023, 09:32:46 PM »
They've both been listed as 2nd round picks in several drafts boards throughout the season.
I was surprised to see Hawkins listed. He's very flawed.

Shannon's fumbleitis has hurt his stock. His mom has been telling people he'll probably come back.

Hawkins will declare, get feedback, and make a  decision.

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread ... through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Azimov

FaninCa

• +3/-75
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2023, 09:35:46 PM »
Shannon's fumbleitis has hurt his stock. His mom has been telling people he'll probably come back.

I'm seeing both Shannon and Hawkins in the mid-40's.  Would be smart for Hawkins to return.  He's not close to ready for the pro game.

Miles Leonard

• +73/-559
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2023, 03:18:21 PM »
Official winner of the HQ Tallest Midget award. Thanks, Jobu!

Dominic

• +2/-65535
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2023, 03:52:36 PM »

No she hasn’t.  Stop believing the same idiots on Loyalty that said Kofi was coming back.

Shannon is gone.  Period

Tempo34

• +749/-583
  • You should see my passer rating
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2023, 03:59:28 PM »
Shannon getting drafted I could see. Hawkins getting drafted or even being in any mocks is just bizarre. He was awful this year.
Caleb Williams failed me.

A high roller does not ask for the price on the orange chicken.

ILLINICHIEF

• +24/-372
  • Good Enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2023, 11:29:11 AM »
Feeling I got from this team especially towards the end and in regards to decisions.

Mayer - Gone obviously, looked disinterested, annoyed, frustrated at the end, probably regrets X-fering in to ILL.

TSJ - Will come back based on feedback, professional options, want to play at ILL.

Hawkins - Shows flashes, but NBA drafts on potential, and well Coleman has been showing flashes of potential for several years now...hasn't fullfilled any potential enough to stay on a NBA bench.

Harris - Should stay and be a solid player for us

Epps - Plays PG pretty well, just think he would rather play off ball or just plain ball over Harris....disappointing end of season, probably leaves.

Dainja stays and continues to get in better shape.

Melendez - Got alot more PT towards the end, not by accident, BU must have seen the writing on the wall, and knew he HAD to get him involved in order to hope and keep him....gut tells me he leaves though.

Goode - We need him to transfer, solid shooter, does nothing else really.

Rodgers - Will end up being an ILLINI great as far as poster child for the program before all is done, very good typical ILLINI player, good, not great.

Needs either via portal or HS (not much available, none ready to contribute) next year.

PG, PG, PG.....get a stud already- Basili from L-Ville/Leggett from RI...played with Amani H in HS I believe.

C, C, C,.....Get some length and athleticism - Wilson from G-Town/Aimaq from TTech, played with TSJ.

Assuming Melendez/Rodgers/Goode all come back the wing is our least important areas. That said there are alot of athletic wing/guard types already in the portal from major conference teams. UNC being one of the biggest contributors so far.
You played this game for fun as a kid, for yourself, no other reason was needed then or now, so, don't kid yourself.

murphstahoe

• +1266/-124
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2023, 12:54:12 PM »
Shannon getting drafted I could see. Hawkins getting drafted or even being in any mocks is just bizarre. He was awful this year.

I guess I didn't watch enough basketball to be able to figure out how Hawkins is a draft pick and Kofi wasn't.

Custard

• +217/-2137
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2023, 01:03:53 PM »
Feeling I got from this team especially towards the end and in regards to decisions.

Mayer - Gone obviously, looked disinterested, annoyed, frustrated at the end, probably regrets X-fering in to ILL.

TSJ - Will come back based on feedback, professional options, want to play at ILL.

Hawkins - Shows flashes, but NBA drafts on potential, and well Coleman has been showing flashes of potential for several years now...hasn't fullfilled any potential enough to stay on a NBA bench.

Harris - Should stay and be a solid player for us

Epps - Plays PG pretty well, just think he would rather play off ball or just plain ball over Harris....disappointing end of season, probably leaves.

Dainja stays and continues to get in better shape.

Melendez - Got alot more PT towards the end, not by accident, BU must have seen the writing on the wall, and knew he HAD to get him involved in order to hope and keep him....gut tells me he leaves though.

Goode - We need him to transfer, solid shooter, does nothing else really.

Rodgers - Will end up being an ILLINI great as far as poster child for the program before all is done, very good typical ILLINI player, good, not great.

Needs either via portal or HS (not much available, none ready to contribute) next year.

PG, PG, PG.....get a stud already- Basili from L-Ville/Leggett from RI...played with Amani H in HS I believe.

C, C, C,.....Get some length and athleticism - Wilson from G-Town/Aimaq from TTech, played with TSJ.

Assuming Melendez/Rodgers/Goode all come back the wing is our least important areas. That said there are alot of athletic wing/guard types already in the portal from major conference teams. UNC being one of the biggest contributors so far.

No big arguments with this except I think we need Goode to stick around. He’s long, he can shoot, he plays smart, and he defends. Shame he wasn’t healthy this season, we could have really used him. What we got to see of him the end of the season after sitting out for months probably isn’t an accurate snapshot of what he can bring to the team long term.
HQ AOTC Bracketologist 2021 and 2022

Poster Boy for White Male Indifference

ridingthegrange

• +644/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2023, 03:22:21 PM »
No big arguments with this except I think we need Goode to stick around. He’s long, he can shoot, he plays smart, and he defends. Shame he wasn’t healthy this season, we could have really used him. What we got to see of him the end of the season after sitting out for months probably isn’t an accurate snapshot of what he can bring to the team long term.

No big argument here either.  I agree about Goode.  If nothing else, we need shooters.  Epps, I'm just not sure about him.  Too small for off guard, matador defense, and not a good passer.  In retrospect, I'm wondering if we'd have been better off disdaining transfers and playing the frosh like O$U.  Underwood was safe and after the massive talent loss, expectations for this year weren't very high a year ago. 

illinicalvin

• +433/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2023, 06:59:02 PM »
We have too many scholarships open rotation spots to push someone like Goode out.

Gokuwearsorange/blue

• +52/-117
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2023, 07:12:10 PM »
I think Epps and Dainja transfer.

ILLINICHIEF

• +24/-372
  • Good Enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2023, 07:59:00 PM »
We have too many scholarships open rotation spots to push someone like Goode out.

I agree, but I think we SHOULD be able to do better, Goode can shoot, and Rah Rah. not enamored with defense, although some are?

In light of what we can get now....Goode is better than most options imo...concentrate on PG and Athletic Bigs. If Goode leaves/pushed then so be it.
You played this game for fun as a kid, for yourself, no other reason was needed then or now, so, don't kid yourself.