Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 10:02:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 131
  • Latest: Tubetv
Stats
  • Total Posts: 119907
  • Total Topics: 1090
  • Online Today: 61
  • Online Ever: 184
  • (June 07, 2023, 04:50:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 23
Total: 26

Wtf is Elon Musk doing today?

• 400 Replies

murphstahoe

• +1260/-124
    • View Profile
Re: Wtf is Elon Musk doing today?
« Reply #360 on: March 17, 2023, 02:19:09 PM »
It was pretty good until a few months ago. If you were disciplined and understood how to maximize your earnings. It is Royal hell on a vehicle though. Some drivers could make 3k+ in a week. I’ve had lots of 2k plus weeks and had great flexibility in my schedule, which i needed. Uber pay now is shit because Uber got greedy.

Make 3k+ is that gross? Or after gas prices, tires, oil changes, and eventually the entire cost of the vehicle.

As for Uber getting greedy - the company has operated at a loss since inception. At some point they either had to lower your cut or raise fares - neither of which will work out. Basically they have just thrown a decade long party for people who needed rides.

murphstahoe

• +1260/-124
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 17, 2023, 02:19:29 PM »
More shots fired by Murph at Tempo.

We call that a "subtweet" in the business.

Tempo34

• +749/-579
  • You should see my passer rating
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 17, 2023, 02:21:33 PM »
Make 3k+ is that gross? Or after gas prices, tires, oil changes, and eventually the entire cost of the vehicle.

As for Uber getting greedy - the company has operated at a loss since inception. At some point they either had to lower your cut or raise fares - neither of which will work out. Basically they have just thrown a decade long party for people who needed rides.

The reason is driver pay has been cut. Severely.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/08/business/uber-revenue.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare
“I remember when I joined the Marines after 9/11…oh wait, that wasn’t me.” Inspired by PAMan and Steven Wright

Resident Adam Hoge antagonist.

ThePAMan

• +475/-1934
  • Because "PussyMan" and "PenisMan" were trademarked
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 17, 2023, 02:22:22 PM »

Yeah, but they successfully killed the cab business.
Made Dominic/Plaza, and now Tempo, my bitch. Went from board troll to real life villain to "soulless ghoul" yet, per Tempo, "brilliant" and "fairly reasonable." Mark Carman: "The Whitlock!...Caleb Williams failed Wayne Whitlock."

Tempo34

• +749/-579
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 17, 2023, 02:28:10 PM »
Fuck, I just typed out a two paragraph response that got blitzed. I even copied it because I saw that coming and it didn’t copy.
“I remember when I joined the Marines after 9/11…oh wait, that wasn’t me.” Inspired by PAMan and Steven Wright

Tempo34

• +749/-579
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 17, 2023, 02:34:07 PM »

Of course, a fair amount is re-invested. Definitely not all profit. But I did it for 5+ years (started out planning to do it 3-5 months) making it work. I worked as much as I wanted or took as much time off as I wanted. I needed the flexibility in my schedule, that’s the main reason i started doing it. By and large I was happy.

Recently (about 4 months ago) Uber rolled out some new features that some drivers had been clamoring for, but guess what?! Those improved features came with a huge pay reduction! In other words, it’s a big fucking shell game. I used to make $600-700 a week just in bonuses with out breaking a sweat. Bonuses suck now, and I don’t even shoot for them now. I split time evenly between Lyft and Uber. Both suck anymore though. Still nice not having a boss or set hours, but the pay sucks. Time to get out. Honestly, wouldn’t be surprised if the cabs make a comeback because no one would drive for these wages long unless they are a moron.

Tempo34

• +749/-579
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 17, 2023, 02:37:20 PM »
6 months ago you wouldn’t have seen garbage like this:

Chickengeorge

• +47/-634
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 17, 2023, 02:39:22 PM »
Any memorable passengers/stories?

Tempo34

• +749/-579
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 17, 2023, 02:39:40 PM »
6 months ago you couldn’t get a ride across the street for $3 now they want you to spend 20 minutes of your time, car, and gas. I’ve seen a ton of rides less than $3

Tempo34

• +749/-579
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 17, 2023, 02:43:16 PM »
My acceptance rate has gone from 90% to 15% and falling. 90-95% of rides aren’t worth taking anymore.

Tempo34

• +749/-579
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 17, 2023, 02:44:37 PM »
Meant for that last one to be this one.

Tempo34

• +749/-579
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 17, 2023, 02:45:24 PM »
Any memorable passengers/stories?

A few.

murphstahoe

• +1260/-124
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 17, 2023, 04:10:40 PM »
Of course, a fair amount is re-invested. Definitely not all profit. But I did it for 5+ years (started out planning to do it 3-5 months) making it work. I worked as much as I wanted or took as much time off as I wanted. I needed the flexibility in my schedule, that’s the main reason i started doing it. By and large I was happy.

Recently (about 4 months ago) Uber rolled out some new features that some drivers had been clamoring for, but guess what?! Those improved features came with a huge pay reduction! In other words, it’s a big fucking shell game. I used to make $600-700 a week just in bonuses with out breaking a sweat. Bonuses suck now, and I don’t even shoot for them now. I split time evenly between Lyft and Uber. Both suck anymore though. Still nice not having a boss or set hours, but the pay sucks. Time to get out. Honestly, wouldn’t be surprised if the cabs make a comeback because no one would drive for these wages long unless they are a moron.

The entire business model is broken. You've been getting paid these fat stacks by VC's and stockholders, not the riders. Eventually that had to end. The real plan was for driverless cars, but that problem hasn't been solved.

I don't think you can rightfully complain that Uber is mistreating you, if they treat you as you would like, they would just go belly up anyway. Broken business model. Take the money and run.

ThePAMan

• +475/-1934
  • Because "PussyMan" and "PenisMan" were trademarked
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 17, 2023, 04:24:19 PM »
Have your own jitney cab service,  Tempo.
Made Dominic/Plaza, and now Tempo, my bitch. Went from board troll to real life villain to "soulless ghoul" yet, per Tempo, "brilliant" and "fairly reasonable." Mark Carman: "The Whitlock!...Caleb Williams failed Wayne Whitlock."

Chickengeorge

• +47/-634
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 17, 2023, 04:31:25 PM »